Subject: OpenC2 Happenings for the week of April 2nd 2018

General Announcements:

The eballot is open for approval of WD05 of the Language Specification as CSD03. The ballot closes on Tuesday, 3 April 2018 @ 11:00 am EDT.

The monthly TC working call this week will include presentations on:
  • OpenC2 as a suite of standards
  • Status of our current open repositories
  • IC-SC discussions toward a transport specification
Due to overlap with the RSA Conference, the TC Chairs have decided to cancel the monthly TC meeting calls scheduled for April 18th.  The IC-SC call scheduled for that date is also cancelled.

Actuator Profile subcommittee activity:
  • Work in progress on two profiles: Stateless packet filter, and endpoint
  • Seeking a volunteer(s) to take editor role in the Software Defined Networking (SDN) Controller Profile
  • Seeking volunteers to take the lead on any other profiles of interest
  • Formulating plans to draft a profile creation guide

The Implementation Considerations SC reached general consensus at their 21 March meeting to draft a HTTPS/REST solution as its first implementation guide. Seeking volunteers to create an initial draft and/or take the editor role for that document.

Pending Face-to-Face (F2F) Meetings:
  • June 2018 (exact dates to be announced) will be hosted by our New Context Members in the SF bay area.
  • October 1-2, 2018 will be held in conjunction with Borderless Cyber at Georgetown University.
    • We are still looking for volunteers to lead the tiger team effort for October F2F
    • The Borderless Cyber call for presentations is open until April 30th.
  • January 10 and 11, 2019 will be hosted by NAESB in Phoenix, Arizona.

Coming This Week:

Language Subcommittee (LSC) meeting will occur on Tuesday April 3rd at 1:00pm Eastern. The expected focus is continued review of use cases and threads to flesh out targets and target specifiers.  The standing L-SC agenda is captured in Lucid.

TC Working Calls will occur on Wednesday, April 4th, at 1:00pm and 9:00pm Eastern

Lucid Meeting Invitations:  Language, AP, and IC SC members should receive email notifications for their respective meetings directly from Lucid Meetings. If you are not receiving invitations via Lucid Emails, please notify Joe Brule or David Lemire ASAP and we will ensure that you are added. If you wish to routinely receive invitations to SC meetings, please join the SCs of interest in OASIS Kavi to ensure you receive future Lucid Meeting invites.

Questions about OpenC2 and how to get involved:  contact Joe Brule (jmbrule@radium.ncsc.mil), Sounil Yu (Sounil.yu@bankofamerica.com), or David Lemire (dave.lemire@g2-inc.com).

If you haven't joined the discussion on the OpenC2 Slack community and would like to, let us know and we will get you started.

Very Respectfully,

Sent by David Lemire on behalf of

    Joe Brule & Sounil Yu, OpenC2 TC Co-Chairs