Subject: OpenC2 Happenings for week of 17 September 2018

General Announcements

Specification Development: MARCHING TOWARD PUBLIC REVIEW!
The co-chairs are working toward having our three core specifications (the Language Specification, plus one actuator profile and one transfer specification) ready to move to initial public review by mid-October. Reviews, comments, and contributions from all TC members will help us get these documents ready for the spotlight. A listing appears below of current working versions, with links to each Google Doc (seeÂTC Work In Progress). The agenda for the 19 September TC meeting (https://meet.lucidmeetings.com/meeting/195632) has proposed motions for the approval of the next versions of CSDs and the initiation of public review.

TheÂStateless Packet Filtering (SLPF) APÂand theÂSpecification for Transfer of OpenC2 Messages via HTTPSÂhave essentially complete drafts. TC members are requested to devote some time to give these drafts a thorough end-to-end review prior to the ballots to initiate public review.

Please contribute!

TC Public Sites "Face Lift"

The TC co-chairs are seeking the assistance of all TC members to give our public presence a face lift prior to the upcoming submission of CSDPR candidates to OASIS. Any assistance is welcome, including review & comment on our TC page at OASIS, suggestions for improving the organization of the Google Drive, etc. Public code repo maintainers are requested to work on updating their code to align with the current version of the Language Specification.

A drawing identifying the sites in question and their approximate linkages can be found here:ÂÂhttps://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1I33P-jTMqVca3nzVwPLCeLmlebIxCcEDscPlKW_A7DY/edit

NATO Briefing!

OpenC2 will be briefed at the NATO Information Insurance Symposium on 17 October.

Face-to-Face (F2F) Meetings

TC members are encouraged to submit agenda suggestions for the upcoming F2F meeting.
  • October 1-2, 2018Âwill be heldÂat Georgetown University,Âin conjunction with Borderless Cyber
    • Michael Stair (AT&T) leads the planning for this event
    • Attendance at Borderless Cyber is free for OASIS membersÂ
    • Detailed information for this F2F meeting appears below

  • January 10-11, 2019Âin Phoenix, AZ; hosted by NAESB / Systrends

Detailed Information For October 1-2 Face-to-Face Meeting

Michael Stair has shared a Google Doc withÂlogistic details:Âhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQLuZqnQYKPNb1dvFSbCOPZwLbPhWYuNkeaIiEej9s0.

Dates and times:
1-2 October 2018
8:00 AM-5:00 PMÂ(each day)

Meeting room location and name:

Georgetown University
Healey Family Student Center Building
HFSC Social Room

Registration for OpenC2 F2F Meeting:

NOTE:Â
there areÂ
different registration links
Âdepending on whether you plan to attend just the OpenC2 F2F or also attend Borderless Cyber. Please select the link that aligns with your attendance plans.

1.) If planning to attend the Borderless Cyber Conference, please register for the OpenC2 F2F using the regular Borderless Cyber Conference registration form. Registration is free for our members. Please give them the code OASIS-VIP to use while registering.
https://us18.borderlesscyber.org/en/buy-tickets

BTW: OpenC2 is represented on the program, so we'd like to encourage folks to attend.

OR

2.) If not planning to attend the conference, folks can simply complete our eventbrite formÂ

Hotel options:
On campus hotel:Âhttps://family.georgetown.edu/partner-hotel-accommodations#

Hotels near Borderless Cyber venue:Âhttps://us18.borderlesscyber.org/en/76-hotel

Location of Borderless Cyber Conference:

The World Bank,Â2121 Pennsylvania Ave, N.W., Washington, D.C.

3-4 October 2018

TC Work in Progress

The following documents are in progress and several are approaching maturity to be submitted for public review.ÂÂThe co-chairs are targeting 17 October to have complete v1.0 documents for approval as CSDs for initial public review (i.e., CSDPRs).Â

The TC and SC co-chairs encourage all TC members to read, consider, and comment as these documents are being completed, as well as helping to resolve open issues. If you cannot access the Google Documents, please contact the SC co-chairs or specification editors to request a copy in another format.

Language Specification:ÂÂwd08-wip is the current working version.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hOv8NR-jo6JUVXcZaO8t-MzzPFURziTjIB1mXxptKQE/edit

Stateless Packet Filter AP
:ÂÂÂWD03-wip is the current working version.
Coming This Week:

Monthly TC MeetingÂwill occur on Wednesday, September 19th, at 11:00 am Eastern time, with a evening session at 9:00 pm Eastern Time. This is the monthly business meeting and counts for voting rights.

Language Subcommittee (L-SC) meetingÂwill occur onÂTuesdayÂ
September 18th at 1:00 pm Eastern. The L-SC will focus on the remaining actions needed to complete the v1.0 Language Specification.

Implementation Consideration Subcommittee (IC-SC) meetingÂwill be held on Wednesday, September 19th, at 1:00pm Eastern.ÂÂ
TheÂIC-SC will focus on resolving any issues needed to complete the v1.0 HTTPS Transfer Spec.

Lucid Meeting Invitations:Â SC and TC members should receive email notifications for their respective meetings directly from Lucid Meetings. If you are not receiving invitations via Lucid Emails, please notify Joe Brule or David Lemire ASAP and we will ensure that you are added. If you wish to routinely receive invitations to specific SC meetings, please join the SCs of interest in OASIS Kavi to ensure you receive future Lucid Meeting invites.

Questions about OpenC2 and how to get involved:Â contact Joe Brule (jmbrule@radium.ncsc.mil), Sounil Yu (Sounil.yu@bankofamerica.com), or David Lemire (dave.lemire@g2-inc.com).

If you haven't joined the discussion on the OpenC2 Slack community and would like to, let us know and we will get you started.

Very Respectfully,

Sent by David Lemire on behalf of

  Joe Brule & Sounil Yu, OpenC2 TC Co-Chairs