Subject: CSD and Public Review approvals at the October TC meeting

OpenC2 TC Members:Â At tomorrow's TC meeting we are seeking to approve new CSDs and the release of those CSDs for public review for all three specifications under development. As this varies from the processes we've used until now for CSD approvals, the co-chairs want the membership to understand the plan prior to the meeting.

All three specifications have recently had CSD ballots (closed on 4 October for the HTTPS Transfer Specification and Stateless Packet Filter AP; closing tomorrow morning for the Language Specification). However, due to the timing of: those ballots, the October face-to-face meeting, and this month's TC meeting, there have been some subsequent changes to the specifications that require TC approval in order to release our most current, polished, and consistent versions for public review.

The plan for the 17 October meeting in this area is:
  1. For each specification, the editors will explain the nature of the recent changes, then
  2. The TC will be asked to approve a motion of the form:ÂÂ
    • The editors of <specification> move that the TC approve working draft X of the "<specification>", as posted to OASIS, as CSD Y, and further approve release of CSD X for 30 days public review.
By meeting time each motion will include the URL to the associated working document package, which will be posted to OASIS prior to the start of the meeting.ÂÂ

Note that TC members are free to comment on the specifications during their public review.

I'm cross-posting this message to email and our Slack #general channel. Please feel free to contact me via email or Slack if you have any questions.

Dave

David P. Lemire
, CISSP
 OpenC2 Technical Committee Secretary
 OpenC2 Implementation Considerations SC Co-chair
 Contractor support to NSA
Email: dave.lemire@g2-inc.com
Office: 301-575-5190 / Mobile: 240-938-9350