Subject: DKS08 -Serialization - Lang Spec CSPRD01 comment

Pg 15 line 38 section 3.1.5. Serialization

Current wording is

âOpenC2 is agnostic of any particular serialization; however, implementations MUST support JSON serialization in accordance with RFC

7493 and additional requirements specified in the following table.â

I agree with the spirit off the statement but I believe the current wording can be circumvented and would prefer that it be more specific. I agree we MAY have other serializations in the future. At the moment, we do not. I also would prefer to refer to what we are specifying, not to âimplementationsâ. We define the interface, not how to implement it. I propose changing to:

âAll interfaces using the OpenC2 language MUST use JSON serialization in accordance with RFC 7493 and the additional requirements specified in the following table. The language MAY be extended to use other serializations in addition to JSON, but must interwork with systems using JSON serialization.â

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/