Subject: OpenC2 Happenings: Week of 31 DEC 2018

All,

This week's 'Happening's' will be abbreviated, there will be six items

ITEM ONE, THANK YOU:
What a year!  Many thanks for your participation in this Technical Committee.  We have come a long way and are close to producing a very important Committee Specification.

ITEM TWO, IC-SC MEETING THIS WEEK
Please consider participating on Wednesday January 2, 2019. https://meet.lucidmeetings.com/meeting/204281
At the subcommittee level, we would like to reach consensus on as many items as possible prior to the January 10, 11 Face to Face.  A recommendation from the subcommittee will greatly assist in the Technical Committee's decision and ultimately leave more time for other topics during the Face to Face.

ITEM THREE, FACE TO FACE MEETING ON JAN 9, 10
We will have time allocated for lightening talks and if practical will dedicate some time for the 'OpenC2's way forward'.  However, the focus of the January Face to Face will be Public Review Comment Resolution.
The Face to Face is our opportunity for high bandwidth discussions and achieve consensus.  Please consider participating in this Face to Face.

ITEM FOUR, BALLOT FOR STANDING RULE 4
Please vote on the ballot for SR-4.  The gist of the rule is to define a length of a co-chair's term (offset) and have annual elections.  The ballot for SR-4 closes on January 7, 2019.

ITEM FIVE, RESCHEDULING OF JANUARY TC MEETING
The January 2019 TC meeting will be moved to January 11 at 13:00 eastern to coincide with the Face-to-Face meeting. The APAC session will occur at its date and time.

ITEM SIX, OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS

Participate in Public Review discussions on GitHub:
Language Specification:  https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-oc2ls/issues
SLPF AP:  https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-apsc-stateless-packet-filter/issues
HTTPS Transfer Specification:  https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-impl-https/issues

The minutes from the December 2018 TC meeting are posted at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/openc2/download.php/64478/OpenC2_TC_Minutes_2018-12-19.docx

Face-to-Face (F2F) Meeting
    January 10-11, 2019 in Phoenix, AZ; hosted by NAESB / Systrends
    The January 2019 F2F meeting will be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel (4400 S Rural Rd, Tempe, AZ 85282)
    Systrends has arranged a block of rooms in the hotel for this meeting at a discounted rate. OpenC2 TC members planning to attend can book a room by following this link: http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/P/PHXTPES-SST-20190109/index.jhtm
Contact Joe Brule and CC Dave Darnell for any questions regarding the Face to Face

Questions about OpenC2 and how to get involved: Contact Joe Brule (jmbrule@radium.ncsc.mil), Sounil Yu (Sounil.yu@bankofamerica.com), or David Lemire (dave.lemire@g2-inc.com).

Very Respectfully,

Joe Brule & Sounil Yu, OpenC2 TC Co-Chairs