Subject: Straw Poll on Profile Specificity in preparation for F2F

Iâd like to draw your attention to one particular issue among the many we hope to resolve at the upcoming face2face. SPLF-24 in the SPLF CRM (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mflX4n6XqZFWnOlw8wc4QxEWVAJJWQLxGHq415A4Qis) is on whether this profile is really two profiles. The underlying issue is how granular we want to make profiles. The issue is SLPF issue 17 (originally a ballot comment on WD03 and amplified on as a Public Review comment) which can be found at https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-apsc-stateless-packet-filter/issues/17.

If Iâm a minority of one, Iâll drop this issue even though I feel strongly we are making a mistake in combining the ip-con (used in many clouds) and ip-only SLPFâs (used in certain hardware firewalls) which are not interchangeable.

Iâd appreciate your reading the issue and adding your name to the straw poll at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/openc2/ProfileSpecificityStrawPoll even if itâs in the âeither works for meâ column.

Please consider spending a few moments on this prior the meeting later this week.

Thank you for your consideration

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize