Subject: Fwd: EU - CEF Telecomm

I am forwarding this article which may be of interest to EU-based members. Thanks to Dr. Carol for sharing the announcement from the European Commission regarding a new slice of funding for the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF). The announcement specifically lists the areas of cybersecurity,ÂeHealth,ÂeProcurement,ÂEuropean e-Justice, andÂPublic Open Data as ones where funds will be targeted for relevant projects.Â

Please let us know if you have any follow up on this. We like to highlight member successes when we hear about them.Â

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Carol Cosgrove-Sacks <carol.cosgrove-sacks@oasis-open.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 3:35 PM
Subject: EU - CEF Telecomm
To: Gershon Janssen <gershon@qroot.com>, Martin Chapman <MARTIN.CHAPMAN@oracle.com>, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>, Pim van der Eijk <pim.vandereijk@oasis-open.org>, Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

This latest announcement from the European Commission regarding a new slice of funding for the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) is particularly relevant for any of OASIS Telecom members active in Europe.

See https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/connecting-europe-facility-cef-telecom-further-eu25-million-eu-funding-available-improve-accessÂ

The focus on cyber-security might also make it of interest to members of the Cyber TC?

Right now the EU Budget for the next period of seven years is in process of being agreed and we will see many announcements which might be relevant both to OASIS members and possibly to OASIS in the event that the Board decides in favour of a European entity.

Best wishes,
Carol

Dr Carol Cosgrove-Sacks
Senior Advisor on International Standards Policy
OASIS

--

/chetÂ

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393Â