OASIS Members and other interested parties,
OASIS is pleased to announce that Open Command and Control (OpenC2) Language Specification Version 1.0 from the OASIS Open Command and Control (OpenC2) TC  has been approved as an OASIS Committee Specification.
OpenC2 is a suite of specifications to achieve command and control of cyber defense functions. These specifications include the OpenC2 Language Specification, Actuator Profiles, and Transfer Specifications. The OpenC2 Language Specification and Actuator Profile(s) focus on the standard at the producer and consumer of the command and response while the transfer specifications focus on the protocols for their exchange.
- The OpenC2 Language Specification provides the semantics for the essential elements of the language, the structure for commands and responses, and the schema that defines the proper syntax for the language elements that represents the command or response.
This Committee Specification is an OASIS deliverable, completed and approved by the TC and fully ready for testing and implementation.
The prose specification and related files are available here:
Open Command and Control (OpenC2) Language Specification Version 1.0
Committee Specification 02
24 November 2019
Editable source (Authoritative):https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v1.0/cs02/oc2ls-v1.0-cs02.md
Redline PDF showing changes from Committee Specification 01, 11 July 2019:https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v1.0/cs02/oc2ls-v1.0-cs02-DIFF.pdf
For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specification and related files in ZIP distribution files. You can download the ZIP file here:
- OpenC2 Language Specification: http://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v1.0/cs02/oc2ls-v1.0-cs02.zip
Members of the OpenC2 TC  approved this specification by Special Majority Vote. The specification had been released for public review as required by the TC Process . The vote to approve as a Committee Specification with Non-Material Changes passed , and the documents are now available online in the OASIS Library as referenced above.
Our congratulations to the TC on achieving this milestone and our thanks to the reviewers who provided feedback on the specification drafts to help improve the quality of the work.
========== Additional references:
 OASIS Open Command and Control (OpenC2) TChttps://www.oasis-open.org/committees/openc2/
 Public reviews:
- 30-day public review, 09 November 2018:https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/openc2/201811/msg00005.html
- Comment resolution log:
OpenC2 Language Specification:https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v1.0/csprd01/oc2ls-v1.0-csprd01-comment-resolution-log.pdf
- 15-day public review, 13 April 2019:https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201904/msg00005.html
- Comment resolution logs:https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v1.0/csprd02/oc2ls-v1.0-csprd02-comment-resolution-log.pdf
- 15-day public review, 12 June 2019:https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/openc2/201906/msg00009.html
- Comment resolution logs:https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v1.0/csprd03/oc2ls-v1.0-csprd03-comment-resolution-log.txt
 Approval ballot:https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3442