Subject: Re: [openc2] Groups - Explanation for Liaison uploaded

Thank you Bret.

Just to be clear, at this point Iâm only (1) getting our work on ITU list of worldwide security work going on and (2) putting a placeholder for future OpenC2 work item since ITU is doing their once every 4 year reorg and deciding work plans. OASIS doesnât allow ITU to turn OASIS-CS into ITU-recs â they only allow OASIS-Standards to be submitted. OC2 is not yet an OASIS Standard so we canât submit it yet, but I sincerely hope we will be able to in the next couple of years. In other words, wrt âif we feel it is done and ready for prime timeâ â I think we are not done but we are ready for prime time.

Bret makes excellent points about going to ITU and/or ETSI increases awareness and gets us valuable feedback â so yet more reason to send the Liaison Statement to ITU. I donât follow ETSI as closely so not sure which group to send to but that is also worth looking into.

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

From: Bret Jordan <bret.jordan@broadcom.com>
Date: Monday, February 17, 2020 at 10:40 PM
To: "duncan@sfractal.com" <duncan@sfractal.com>
Cc: TC OpenC2 <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>

For what it's worth, I fully support moving OpenC2, if we feel it is done and ready for prime time, to the ITU and for that matter even to ETSI.  I know some are always concerned about change control and what that will mean if we submit to another standards body. But I am not worried about that. If we can step aside and look at the broader picture and the chance for broader adoption (think international treaties and national regulations), then sometimes we need to be willing to let go a bit. I highly doubt the ITU or ETSI will make or suggest any major changes.  And honestly, if they did, we should probably listen.

So regardless, I support this and will be there in person.

Thanks,

Bret

PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447  F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050

I am proposing the TC vote to send a liaison to ITU SG17 on our recent specifications. The ITU 2017-2020 study period is coming to a close and it behooves us to get into their queue at their upcoming March meeting. This document has some explanation forthe proposed text which is in a companion document
-- Mr. Duncan Sparrell

Document Name: Explanation for Liaison

Description
I am proposing the TC vote to send a liaison to ITU SG17 on our recent
specifications. The ITU 2017-2020 study period is coming to a close and it
behooves us to get into their queue at their upcoming March meeting. This
document has some explanatio forthe proposed text which is in a companion
document
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Duncan Sparrell
Group: OASIS Open Command and Control (OpenC2) TC
Folder: Documents
Date submitted: 2020-02-17 13:36:58