Subject: Re: Joint Submission

I don’t know.  The ITU predates ISO. First there was the IEC for electrical standards. Then there was the ITU (actually it’s predecessor, the CCITT) for telcom. Both of them were before the UN so they were incorporated into the UN when it was formed. Then there was ISO.  ISO charter literally says for all standards not covered by IEC or ITU. I thought JTC was for specific topics. I know there is a joint ITU/ISO group for crypto stuff. But in general ISO scope is independent endpoints and ITU scope is all comms and interworking. I do not see OpenC2 as ISO - only ITU.

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting, LLC
I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

From: openc2@lists.oasis-open.org <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Considine, Toby <Toby.Considine@unc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 12:04:58 PM
To: openc2@lists.oasis-open.org <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [openc2] Joint Submission

During this morning’s call, I discussed JTAG, likely to the mystification of many

I actually meant the JTC, as in the ISO/IEC JTC.

It is unclear to me if ITU fits into umbrella, or if it is different, or we can do both.

I recommend that the Chairs consult with James Bryce Clark (jamie.clark@oasis-open.org), General Counsel of OASIS, on the changing field of liaisons sooner rather than later, and ever mindful of the March deadline.

tc