Subject: Re: EXT :[openc2] Simplified Branching Strategy Discussion on Slack

Follow-up:  I've created a PR to update Documentation Norms with the simplified branching strategy.  The PR is here.  The complete updated version that's the source of the PR can be read here; there are numerous minor tweaks in addition to the changes for the branching strategy.I have not yet carefully updated the procedures in Annex C, particularly those performed on the command line with a local clone of a personal fork. Are those detailed procedures actually useful? Or just overkill?

Dave

David Lemire

Systems Engineer

HII Mission Driven Innovated Solutions (HII-MDIS)

Technical Solutions Division

1557174172863_PastedImage

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301575-5190 | Mobile (443) 535-1182

From: openc2@lists.oasis-open.org <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Lemire, Dave (HII-TSD) <david.lemire@hii-tsd.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 9:39:12 AM
To: openc2@lists.oasis-open.org

Work product editors and interested TC members:  there's a discussion on Slack regarding a question that arose as I started itemizing changes to the Documentation Norms to describe the simplified branching strategy that was discussed at the last TC meeting.

You can read the thread at https://openc2-community.slack.com/archives/C2Q818JAU/p1597956545007400 [openc2-community.slack.com]

Short form:

  • Question is how to handle OASIS-published Committee Specification Drafts (CSDs)
  • Proposed resolution: when the CSD is approved and published, edit the description of GH release for the WD that was approved as a CSD to record the approval and link to the CSD at OASIS

Alternative suggestions or concurrences are welcome.

Dave

David Lemire

Systems Engineer

HII Mission Driven Innovated Solutions (HII-MDIS)

Technical Solutions Division

1557174172863_PastedImage

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301575-5190 | Mobile (443) 535-1182

PNG image

PNG image