Subject: RE: Updating Work Products to New OASIS Document Template

Some communications with Toby yesterday reminded me that I missed a key point in the process I described:  the creation of working drafts posted to OASIS to capture the progress. So the process I described should be amended as follows:

1.       Create and process pull-requests for any “work in flight” changes you are currently working on. Create the PRs, run them through working meetings for agreement, and apply them. That way those changes can be discussed with clear visibility.

2.       Declare a WD and post to OASIS

3.       Once other PRs are approved and applied, address the restructuring effort by itself as an independent PR while no other PRs are pending. That way other changes aren’t lost in the big shifts of restructuring

4.       Declare a WD and post to OASIS

5.       Resume work on other changes by creating PRs against the restructured document.

The revision history for the WD at step 2 should reflect the work-in-flight changes; the revision history for the WD at step 4 should reflect reorganization to match the new OASIS document outline.

Dave

David Lemire

IA Systems Engineer

Technical Solutions

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301) 575-5190 | Mobile (443) 535-1182