Subject: RE: EXT :[openc2] Language Spec

The currently published LS is CS02:

https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v1.0/oc2ls-v1.0.html

There isn’t an errata because those are only for OASIS standards, but I believe CS02 represents the changes we’d identified as errata from CS01.  So if WD15 became CS02, then we should now be working on WD16 or higher for changes since CS02 was published.

I don’t know why we’d create a GitHub release based on the uploading the OASIS-published document into the default branch. The thinking was the visitors to the repo would find the latest version right there in the default branch when they loaded up the repo. We’re using GH releases to create WDs for upload to OASIS.

Dave

David Lemire

IA Systems Engineer

Technical Solutions

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301) 575-5190 | Mobile (443) 535-1182

From: openc2@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:openc2@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Considine, Toby
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 10:43 AM
To: OASIS OpenC2 List <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: EXT :[openc2] Language Spec

I am cleaning up some :issues: in the current documentation.

Per github, the last working draft was a year ago, wd15, and was an errata (minor error fix) to the last spec.

WD15 references the last spec as “CS01”. We in fact released CS02 of OpenC2 in November of 2019.

(A cs is a voted upon committee specification)

We voted on CS02 with a special majority vote based on WD15 in the OASIS repository.

As near as I can tell. The Github release WD15 *should* have been WD16, and should have been based on CS02.

I cannot find, and cannot recall at this time whether we released the CS02 errata

But it look as if we did not

If anyone has any contrary recollections, please let me know.

tc