Subject: RE: EXT :[openc2] RE: Updates to SBOM sharing draft

We do have a repository for an SBOM AP, but unfortunately the editor has had higher priorities so it lacks any recent updates.  However, if you pick up reading here in the editor’s fork, you can get an impression of at least the initial approach being suggested (no point in reading beyond the end of section 2 right now [i.e., through 2.3.3.1]).

A work item for the HTTPS Transfer Spec  (link to working version on GH) is to standardize on the path; there an open issue on GitHub for that. I’d been thinking that we would simply use /openc2 for the path. I hadn’t consider the use of the .well-known approach (something I’d only learned of recently) but there’s no reason we couldn’t go that route instead.

Regarding MQTT, our transfer spec for that is nearly ready to go to public review. The default topic structure for sending commands is documented in section 2.2; for this purpose the topic would be oc2/cmd/ap/sbom (+/- some other considerations) to listen for SBOM retrieval commands.

Dave

David Lemire

IA Systems Engineer

Technical Solutions

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301) 575-5190 | Mobile (240) 938-9350