Subject: FW: Cooperation with the STRATEGY project

FYI – We have been contacted by the EU STRATEGY project about the possible inclusion of OpenC2 in some upcoming EU crisis management use cases. Below I have included their original email and my response. We are working with OAISIS on the proper way to interact (note STRATEGY is interested in many OASIS TC’s) but I thought I would get this out to everyone so they would know about it.

If any of you have any insight into STRATEGY, feel free to respond on list with any answers you have to the questions I asked below. I propose we begin discussing STRATEGY use cases in TC working meetings, particularly in conjunction with the OCA PACE and EU JCOP use cases we were already planning to document and discuss.

My strategy, pending TC approval, would be to focus first where our scopes overlap and where we have work in progress.

Once we have a handle on the easy stuff, we would continue to areas where our scopes overlap but we need stuff we don’t currently have (eg actuator profiles needed for their use cases that we have not yet started).

Only after we are successful with the in-scope use cases would we consider expanding our scope to meet a need they might have that is not within our current scope (but near enough that the TC would consider expanding our scope). I propose we crawl and walk first and defer any scope expansion until we are much further along on. I mention this because STRATEGY looks to be a quite ambitious project and I don’t want to outrun our headlights when there is plenty of in scope work to tackle first. I don’t want to bog down on scope creep discussions just yet. Scope change is a fairly well defined OASIS process – but I expect it will take lots of discussion that I don’t think would be the best use of our time just yet.

--

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize