Subject: Re: Another Architecture Spec PR

Agreed, Dave L. Thank you for taking this on.

From: openc2@lists.oasis-open.org <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Considine, Toby <Toby.Considine@unc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2022 8:48:01 AM
To: Lemire, Dave (HII-Mission Technologies) <david.lemire@hii-tsd.com>; TC OpenC2 <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [openc2] Re: Another Architecture Spec PR

I agree non-material

From: openc2@lists.oasis-open.org <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Lemire, Dave (HII-Mission Technologies) <david.lemire@hii-tsd.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2022 3:53 PM
To: TC OpenC2 <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [openc2] Another Architecture Spec PR

(groaning permitted)

After merging the LS PRs approved at this morning’s meeting I realized that LS PR #404, which adjusts the use of Actuator and Profile in the Language Specification text and description of the OpenC2 message format (along with other related detailed changes), requires parallel changes in the Architecture Specification for consistency. Thankfully the changes are pretty modest, specifically:

·         Update the definition of “Actuator” and add the definition of “Actuator Profile” in the glossary (section 1.3.1)

·         Make corresponding adjustments in the explanation of the OpenC2 command message (section 2.1)

I believe all of these changes to be non-material, and there is no need for a second public review.

The details can be seen in PR #81 to the Architecture Spec. I would like to add this to the list of PRs trigged by the public review comments (discussed at today’s working meeting) that are up for approval at next week’s working meeting.

Dave

David Lemire
IA Systems Engineer
Mission Technologies