Subject: Re: Improving OpenC2.org "In The News" maintenance

I second the call-outs to Dave for his efforts (all of course, but here specifically).

Patrick Maroney

Office: 732.615.5287 | Email: patrick.maroney@att.com

From: openc2@lists.oasis-open.org <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Lemire, Dave (HII-Mission Technologies) <david.lemire@hii-tsd.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 9:42 AM
To: TC OpenC2 <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: PALAKODETY, VENKATA <vp194m@att.com>
Subject: [openc2] Improving OpenC2.org "In The News" maintenance

TC Members,

Last month I shared information about automating the FAQ page on the website to simplify maintenance. The first working meeting in January approved the change, and it has now been implemented. Yesterday I embarked on a similar update to the website’s In The News page, which went pretty easily based lessons learned from the FAQ effort.  You can view the results at https://dlemire60.github.io/openc2-org.github.io/news2.html, and see the code by examining in the file news2.html and the individual news items in the _news folder in my auto-news branch. The README in that branch has also been updated to explain how to update the In The News page with this new approach.

This change will be presented to next week’s working meeting for approval. Once implemented it will greatly simplify updating the news page, which I’m sure will warm Duncan’s heart.  J

Dave

David Lemire
IA Systems Engineer
Mission Technologies
(301) 575-5190 (o)    (240) 938-9350 (m)
HII.com