opencsa-liaison message

Subject: Use of "may", "must", etc.

I believe all of the TCs have adopted use of RFC 2119 keywords in uppercase only and to not use the keywords in lower-case form at all, using synonyms when necessary.  We have started scrubbing the C++ spec to eliminate use of "may", "must", etc. and found that some rather awkward language can result   Has anyone else started this exercise and how are your results?

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com