opencsa-liaison message

Subject: Minutes of the 2008-01-14 OpenCSA LSC

SUMMARY: Resolved both open issues and decided not to meet until another issue is opened.

Temporary Chair and notes: Michael Rowley

(Sanjay was present, but in a car)

1.    Roll

     Assembly: Mike Edwards, Martin Chapman

     Policy:   Dave Booz, Ashok Malhotra

     BPEL:     Sanjay Patil

     C/C++:    Bryan Aupperle

     J:        Mike Rowley

2.    Agenda Bashing

Added announcement of SCA-J change to their representatives

3. SCA-J Representatives

Henning Blohm is taking a 6 month leave-of-absence and has resigned his position as co-chair of SCA-J.

Simon Nash was voted as a replacement co-chair.  Simon was also voted to replace Henning as our second

representative to the SCA-LSC.

4.    Approval of Dec 14th meeting Minutes

     DRAFT emailed by Jeff

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-liaison/email/archives/200801/msg00002.html

Approved.

6.    Issue Discussion

6a. liasion-1 -  Define Conformance Targets - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/LIAISON-1

Discussion and resolution, as recorded in the chat room:

Michael Rowley: The proposal that was present in the issue included the following:
1. Reword the specifications using RFC 2119 keywords.
2. For each appearance of MUST or MUST NOT, specify the component that
should check whether the statement is obeyed. This is the conformance
target. It may be the SCDL processor, for example, or it may be more
specific (better) for example, the wire compatibility checker.
3. Specify the error that MUST be raised if the statement is not
followed.
Michael Rowley: Michael Rowley suggested the following direction instead:
Conformance targets can be roughly categorized into
1) document artifacts (or constructs within them) that can be checked
statically.
2) SCA runtimes, which we may require to exhibit certain behaviors.
Michael Rowley: The recommendations should be changed to:
Michael Rowley: 1. Reword to use RFC 2119
Michael Rowley: 2. For each appearance of MUST or MUST NOT, specify the construct or runtime behavior that is being constrained.
Michael Rowley: Martin suggested that it be changed to the following:
Michael Rowley: 2. For each appearance of a 2119 keyword, specify the document, construct or runtime behavior that is being constrained.
Michael Rowley: Motion (Bryan/Marin): Resolve ISSUE 1 with the following text:

Conformance targets can be roughly categorized into
1) document artifacts (or constructs within them) that can be checked
statically.
2) SCA runtimes, which we may require to exhibit certain behaviors.

We recommend that each TC write its specifications to:
1. Reword the specifications using RFC 2119 keywords.
2. For each appearance of a 2119 keyword, specify the document, construct or runtime behavior that is being constrained.
Michael Rowley: Amendment (Ashok/martin) S/roughly//
Michael Rowley: Amendment passes w/o objection.
Michael Rowley: Main motion, as amended:
Resolve ISSUE 1 with the following text:

Conformance targets can be categorized into
1) document artifacts (or constructs within them) that can be checked
statically.
2) SCA runtimes, which we may require to exhibit certain behaviors.

We recommend that each TC write its specifications to:
1. Reword the specifications using RFC 2119 keywords.
2. For each appearance of a 2119 keyword, specify the document, construct or runtime behavior that is being constrained.

Michael Rowley: Motion passes.  Issue resolved.
Michael Rowley: Each TC representative should report back this recommendation.

6b. liasion-2 - Usage of RFC 2119 terms with lower-case –

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/LIAISON-2

Motion (Martin/Ashok): Close this issue, with no action.

Short discussion, noting that the previous issue resolution already adopts 2119 irrespective of case.

PASSED, without objection.

7.  Schedule of next meetings

We recalled that the LSC will only meet when there are issues to discuss...

Motion (Ashok/Mike): Next meeting on the first Monday following the posting of a NEW ISSUE to sca-lsc.

PASSED, without objection.

8. AOB