opencsa-liaison message

Subject: Draft Minutes LSC 28 jul 2008

Date:  Monday, 28 July 2008
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PDT

id: 190605#/654321#

+1 888-967-2253
+1 650-607-2253
+44 118 924-9000
+61 2-8817-6100
+49 89 14302323

Web-conf: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/sca-lsc

Agenda:
1.	Roll Call

Jeff, Martin, Ashok, Sanjay, Mike E, Dave Booz, Anish

2.	Scribe Assignment

Jeff

3.	Agenda Bashing

no changes

4.	Approval of minutes of 30 jun 2008

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-liaison/email/archives/200806/msg00015.html

No discussion

APPROVED: mike/dave - UNAN

5.	 Issues

a.	Use of Schematron in SCA Specifications

Correction from original agenda notice:  Danny had been contacted and
in fact produced the message referred to below, which Mike forwarded.
In any event, the ball is in the BPEL TC's  court. Aside from
encouraging them to do a POC, the LSC will take no further action on
this item.
As an fyi, Mike Edwards sent a an example of the use in a message
dated July 09, 2008 1:58:33 AM PDT:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-liaison/email/archives/200807/msg00001.html

I don't think there is any more discussion required in the forum, but
just in case I note it here.

There was agreement that this will drop off the agenda until and if
the BPEL TC has a concrete proposal to make.

b.	Getting schema document associated with a particular version of the
spec

        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00017.html
        Discussion on 5/16 con-call: see above draft minutes
        continuation of discussion dependent on Anish providing a
sample RDDL to serve as a basis for discussion.
        Anish was not able to produce the sample, so discussion was
postponed pending that item. If sample is sent in by Anish by COB
friday, we may discuss this if folks wish to.

Anish sent out a doc earlier today. He gave a brief walk through.
   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-liaison/email/archives/200807/msg00014.html

If you de reference the namespace, you get the RDDL document. It
contains all the resources that are needed. (You could of course get
to previous versions via the spec docs itself.)

We will discuss this, in the context of a concrete proposal i hope, at
the next call.

Sanjay: what question are we adding?
anish: idea of having RDDL doc which represents the namespace. The
current structure only has the latest set of docs that use that ns,
which isn't quite correct. This provides all the versions of the
schema that use the same namespace plus a reference to the current
spec doc. W3C TAG provided some guidance on what a RDDL doc should
contain. Ashok thinks this is ok, but will check.

Sanjay asks are we signing up to maintain "forever" and is this
burdensome. Anish thinks this is ok. The real issue is do we want to
point to "everything"? TB continued next week to address and specify
the rules for "maintenance".

Martin to consider bringing up this issue at the OASIS TAB meeting
next week.

6. OpenCSA Project Management

     At its last meeting the OpenCSA Steering Committee decided to ask
the LSC to start discussing a mechanism for getting status and doing
project management to get to a coordinated release of the first
official OASIS CS (and then OASIS standard) release. Jeff had the AI
to put this topic on the LSC agenda.
     Coincidentally the topic was brought up in several of the TC's in
the last few weeks, see e.g. from Anish:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-liaison/email/archives/200807/msg00009.html
       also with the notion of getting the discussion going in this
forum.

There was general discussion of topic. No concrete conclusions, or
specific proposals at this time, as this was the first opportunity to
start the conversation.

2 threads: developing a status report for TC chairs, which provides
status relative to deliverables and schedule/major milestones
            the obvious pre-requisite for the above - developing such
a schedule
Schedule -
   The obvious OASIS major milestone is the 60 day public review,
followed optionally by as many 15-day minimum reviews as needed until
we get to a quality level (needs to be stated and agreed) that
satisfies us to call for a CS vote. We have to decide how testing fits
in, i.e. how much testing should be done before the major 60 day
public review. Assuming at least one additional review that's a
minimum of 3 months dealing with public reviews and their specific
issue resolutions, so we probably don't want to wait "too long" before
starting the review, and continue debugging/fixing while the 60 day
review is going on  -- but we also want to have a reasonably high
level of stability/confidence before the public review (i.e. having
caught and fixed the major things first) so the review doesn't
substitute for doing development. If the review generates "too many"
issues, then dealing with their resolution (which we have to do) will
become much more heavy weight then having discovered/fixed those
issues before the review.
   A WAG of mid-2009 (for which i will arbitrarily pick July 4) was
thrown out as an initial target.
   So AI's are for chairs to work backwards from that, and think about
the implications for their TCs. Is that doable? What sorts of
intermediate milestones would have to be defined to meet that date,
etc., etc. The other major AI is to figure out how to get serious
about testing, first when will be ready to start, and then what needs
to happen?

This will become a major topic for the LSC for the next several weeks
until we get a handle and a plan agreed to.

7.	Next Call Schedule

     The SCA/J TC has requested that we swap meeting times to
Thursdays 10 AM Pacific starting the week of 04 Aug 2008. The
discussion on the LSC list was positive, so we should formally decide
to do this (or not).

APPROVE changing the LSC meeting time starting week of aug 4 so next
LSC call will be thursday 7 aug 10:00 am PDT - Martin/Mike - UNAN

    (Ashok has a conflict at that time, but Dave Booz can represent
Policy and Ashok will prioritize and participate on important issues.)

Sanjay will chair the next few meetings. (We can continue to use the
same call in, or Sanjay can provide his own -- please see the next
draft agenda which sanjay will send out.)

   Future agenda item for next call:

7 aug 2008 - 10:00 am PDT
Delivery Plans (highest priority)
Schema/RDDL doc proposal