opencsa-liaison message

Subject: Draft Minutes of the LSC call on 8/14

Title: Draft Minutes of the LSC call on 8/14
  1. Roll Call

Bryan, Jeff,  Dave, Martin, Simon, Anish, MikeE, Sanjay

2.      Scribe Assignment

Sanjay

3.      Agenda Bashing

Approved.

4.      Approval of minutes of 8/7/2008 conf-call
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200808/msg00006.html

Approved UNAN.  m: Jeff, s: DaveB

5.      OpenCSA Project Management
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-liaison/email/archives/200807/msg00009.html

The following proposal for milestones and schedule is applicable SCA related TCs only.

Proposed list of milestones:
- Incorporate RFC 2119 language for specifications
- No new issue deadline
- All issues resolved
- All issues incorporated
  <Criteria for starting the 1st PR - a> close all the open issues (unresolved issues may be closed by deferring to future release) and b> include conformance statement (required by OASIS TC process anyways)>

- 1st public review
- Testing completion
- New issues from PR and testing resolution
- New issues incorporated
- 2nd public review
  <Possibly another round of updates to specs and PR>
- Approval of Committee spec
- Submission for OASIS standard

Proposed Schedule for key milestones:
Sep 15, 2008 - Raise the bar for opening new issues (for all TCs)
Sep 29, 2008 - Incorporate RFC 2119 language
Nov 15, 2008 - Detailed design for testing work
Jan 23, 2009 - Assembly TC to start 1st Public Review (60 day)
Feb 23, 2009 - Other TCs to start 1st Public Review (60 day)
May 31, 2009 - Finish all the work
July 4, 2008 - Submit specs to OASIS for OS vote

Each TC may choose to adjust the proposed schedule as per its needs, however it is highly recommended that all the TCs meet the proposed deadline for starting the first Public Review (Jan 23rd, 2009 for the Assembly TC, and Feb 23rd 2009 for the rest of the TCs).

6.      Issues
a.      Getting schema document associated with a particular version of the
Spec
            http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00017.html

Motion by Anish - in the RDDL documents we maintain we have pointers to all the versions of schemas (or WSDLs if we have them) that have reached CS/OS status and that use the same namespace.

Seconded by Bryan.
Passed UNAN.

This issue is to be scheduled for discussion on the next call.

7.      AOB
None

Next mtg: Aug 28, 2009