opencsa-liaison message

Subject: Draft minutes of 2008-09-18 call

Ashok: Attendance:

Ashok: Mike E

anish: Agenda:

1.    Roll Call

2.    Scribe Assignment

3.    Agenda Bashing

4.    Approval of minutes of 14 aug 2008

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-liaison/email/archives/200808/msg00009.html

5.     Issues

a.    Getting schema document associated with a particular version of
the spec
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00017.html

Discussion on 5/16 con-call: see above draft minutes

continuation of discussion dependent on Anish providing a sample RDDL to
serve as a basis for discussion.

6. OpenCSA Project Management

The issue du jour is how to get Testing going?
The SCA BPEL TC on their Sep 11 conf-call [1] discussed and approved the
LSC's proposal for TC schedule and milestones [2]. However, it was
pointed out that many details are necessary in order for the TC to
realistically aim for the deadline and milestone of - 'Nov 15, 2008 -
Detailed design for testing work'.

Given that the different SCA TCs would benefit by undertaking a
concerted effort for the testing related efforts, the SCA BPEL TC would
like to request the LSC to look into this matter and provide more details.

This topic was also discussed at the last Steering Committee call with
basically the same concern being raised.

7.    AOB

Ashok: Attendance:  Mike, Jeff, Sanjay, Anish, Ashok, Dave

Ashok: Minutes from last meeting approved.

Ashok: Anish:  Getting schema document is done ...

Ashok: I sent out the RDDL document

Ashok: Topic:  Testing

Ashok: Dave:  We need a group of people thinking abt testing for all the
specs

Ashok: Mike:  I think people are reluctant to work on this.  What can
this committee do abt this

anish: wrt RDDL document we did resolve this issue on 8/14, but there
was no issue logged to resolve.

anish:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200808/msg00011.html

Ashok: Ashok:  Put testing as big item on f2f

anish: it is now issue 3

Ashok: Dave:  We have no power to get anyone to volunteer for this

anish: here is sanjay's email regarding RDDL:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200808/msg00012.html

anish: This requires me to update RDDL to point only to CS/OS schemas
rather than CD schemas

anish: so there is an AI on me

Ashok: Mike:  I can restart the calls for the testing committee on
testing  ... but I must be able to get a few folks on the calls

Ashok: Sanjay:  Agrees we shd discuss at f2f

Ashok: MikeE:  I'll restart the testing calls

anish: mike, we'll have to pick a new time for the testing call

anish: the old time was 8am pdt on mondays and that is now taken by sca-j

Mike Edwards: Sure- new time / new people

Ashok: Jeff:  Anyone thought about how to do it

Ashok: MikeE:  What would a test harness look like?  That's a first step.

Ashok: f2f is 30th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Ashok: Jeff:  Let's start testing calls before that

anish: Mike to propose testing calls on either 8am wednesday pdt or 8am
friday pdt

anish: action: anish to send out a new RDDL that has older schemas only
for CS/OS and not for CDs

anish: Attendance+: Bryan

anish: Topic: next calls

anish: next week's call cancelled

anish: (25th sept call cancelled)

anish: 2nd oct call is also cancelled because of the f2f

anish: Next call oct 9

anish: topic: Project mgmt

anish: Discussion in the steering committee about chairs providing
reports on issue status

anish: Jeff: have a standing thing in the agenda about status of issues:
number of issues that were opened/closed etc since the last meeting.
Stats that would allow the SC to monitor progress and see if things are
converging

anish: ... something that is lightweight but allow one to monitor progress

anonymous: Each TC should document in each published
minutes the number of open issues counted at the start
of the meeting and new issues documented at the last
meeting

anish: <the above is from SC>

anish: The stats that the SC would like are: number of issues at the
start of the meeting, number of issues opened in that meeting, number of
issues closed in that meeting

anish: Meeting ajourned