opencsa-liaison message

Subject: RE: [opencsa-liaison] VCS system inquiry

Hi Sanjay,

Well, we just had the conversation yesterday J Also in the works is an OASIS-hosted JIRA system (which has been underway for about a week); it was decided that it should be easy enough to host SVN on the same app server that will be used for JIRA. We only have 1 sysadmin, so in between all of the daily tasks, he’s building the app server and getting the apps installed. We’ll then do internal testing/configuration which is anticipated to begin the first week in November. Depending on what bumps are encountered I would hope we’d be all set to go late November. But like any projected deliverable date, no promises J

Please note that neither of these have been publicly announced yet – I hate making promises and then not being able to deliver. So please try to keep this somewhat between ourselves.

Mary

From: Patil, Sanjay [mailto:sanjay.patil@sap.com]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 11:55 AM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org; opencsa-liaison@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your response. I am very excited by the good news part of your email.

We can perhaps wait for most of the details, but could you please comment on the anticipated timeline for rolling out this new service from the OASIS IT group. I think the OpenCSA TCs are pretty close to starting the testing related development activities (in Nov/Dec time frame I believe). So while we can be a great pen of guinea pigs, we would like to know if the OASIS IT is ready for testing with us :-)

Regards,

Sanjay