opencsa-liaison message

Subject: C&C++ status

I will be 15-20 min. late to the liaison call on the today.  So just in case here is the status for the C/C++ TC:

We have 15 open issues with active work on 7 of them.  Of the remaining 8, 3 are specific to C/C++ and the remaining 5 have parallels with discussions in the Java TC (Data binding selection, access from non-SCA clients, support for wiredByImpl, conversation/callbacks)  There are up to 6 issues potentially to be raised  based on discussions in the Assembly and Java TCs (around long running request-response operations, scopes and  conversations/callbacks).

We have approved the initial conformance text/RFC 2119 language for the C++ spec, and should do so for the C spec. this week.

We have been slowed somewhat by RogueWave's membership status change, but that is finallyresolved.  So, while we are behind where I hoped we would be by now, I believe we will have no problems completing the C/C++ unique work. The only real question would be those items where consistency with the rest of the TCs is needed.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com