opencsa-liaison message

Subject: RE: [opencsa-liaison] New Issue: Cross SCA TC conformance

Interesting conversation – because each of these specs are being created by separate Technical Committees, they are each going to be separate and distinct specs. They will each need to have their own conformance statements, which I don’t think precludes saying that you must also implement x, y and z from other-spec b and w from other-spec c. But there can’t be a spec “SCA v1.1” unless one TC creates it. I can envision one of the TCs creating SCA v1.1 and then saying it incorporates by reference the other specifications …

Mary

From: Martin Chapman [mailto:martin.chapman@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:50 PM
To: 'OASIS Liaison'

There are a number of issues related to conformance that I think the Liaison SC should discuss since they cross TC boundaries.

Each Spec is required to have its own conformance section, and normally these are stand alone entities.

Typically  we would see statements like “To conform to this specification a vendor MUST implement all the features outlined in sections x thru z” .

However for some of our specs this will not make sense. Take Bindings for example. Since we are not defining plug and play apis to allow  a binding vendor to be different from an SCA runtime vendor, how would we write the conformance in each binding spec?

Also, some have talked about the notion of  conforming to SCA v1.1, but that would probably encompass Assembly, Policy, bindings and  the  c+i.

For example “To conform to sca v1.1. a vendor MUST support assembly, policy, bindings.ws (for example) implemented in one of the following languages according to its c+I: java, bpel, c++”. Where are we going to make such a declaration? Assembly?

Martin.

Martin Chapman | Standards Professional
Mobile: +353 87 687 6654

ORACLE Ireland
"Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"