opencsa-liaison message

Subject: Draft letter to TCs on conformance and dependancies

Jeff reminded me yesterday that I had an action item from the last meeting. Here is a draft email for consideration.

Note that I suggest the 22nd Jan at the end of the email to enable TCs to put it on their agendas for next week.

Martin.

-------

Within the next month or so we anticipate commencing public reviews for many of the SCA specifications.

The TC process requires that each specification at Public Review, Committee Spec and OASIS Standard level, contain a conformance section listing one or more conformance clauses that define how to conform to the specification, or parts thereof.  Like any other part of a specification, the conformance section should be complete prior to the public review. Also worth noting is that substantive changes to a conformance section after a public review, like any other substantive changes to a specification, will require a subsequent public review.

Many of the SCA specifications have cross dependencies on each other, and in some cases it may not be possible to conform to a specification in its own right without reference to another “containing”  SCA specification. For example, it may not be possible to conform to the SCA Policy specification without requiring conformance to the SCA Assembly spec as well.

In order to build a complete picture and understand the cross conformance dependencies, the Liaison SC would like each TC to provide a list of other SCA specifications that in their opinion are required for conformance to each of their own specs.  We can then use this list to ensure that the conformance sections in each specification is saying the right thing.

Given that we are closing in on the public reviews we would like this information to be provided by 22nd Jan 09.

Regards,

  <LSC chairs>

Martin Chapman | Standards Professional
Mobile: +353 87 687 6654

ORACLE Ireland
"Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"