opencsa-ms message

Subject: DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 23 May 2007

DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 23 May 2007 11:00 AM PDT

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

 Attending:                  Graham Barber, David Burke, Patrick Leonard, Mark Little, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
 Regrets:                    None.
 OASIS Staff:                Scott McGrath, Dee Schur.
 Identified Observers:       Gil Pilz (BEA), Hanane Becha (Nortel), Mariano Cilia (Intel).
 Notes:                      Graham Barber

1. Outstanding Action Item review

None. We have cleared all actions to date, Future actions will be tracked on <http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-ms/members/action_items.php>.

2. Minutes Approval

- 18 May 2007 -- Patil/Rowley - approve minutes - 5 in favour, 3 abstentions (New members).

3. Steering Committee Voting Results

Scott summarized the results of a close election. We discussed the tie breaking process that

occurred at three points during the STV process & concluded that any alternative tie break
system would not have changed the election outcome. Scott will update all relevant web pages.
Scott (scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org ) welcomes feedback on the election process from any member.

4. Welcome New Members

Introductions & Welcomes exchanged.

5. Elect Chair

Jeff Mischkinsky elected as Chair of the Steering Committee for first term of 12 months

- Burke/Little/UNAN.

Procedural Discussion

We are slowly building a set of operation procedures that should be documented (in the
suggested documents repository at <http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-ms/documents.php>.
ACTION: AI-1: Graham Barber: Provide first draft of Steering Committee Operating Procedures.

Scott summarized the differing web-based "spaces" at our disposal:
i) The OASIS public face of the Member Section is represented at:
        <http://www.oasis-opencsa.org/>
ii) The working documents of the Member Section are held at:
        <http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-ms/index.php>
iii) The working documents of the Steering Committee are held at
        <http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-sc/index.php>

We noted that we were not using these spaces consistently.
The challenge of ensuring that the goal of Steering Committee Business being open and available
to all members was discussed. The conflicting goal of not filling Members' In-Boxes with unnecessary
e-mail (auto-informs of AIs, Calendar Entries, Document uploads) was discussed.
ACTION: AI-2: Scott McGrath to explore options and propose a methodology for S/C Business.

6. Future Meeting Schedule

We agreed to retain the weekly 9am PT teleconference slot for the near future. We will revisit if
too many (travel) conflicts arise and we would also expect to move to biweekly in the future.

7. Any Other Business

Election of Vice-Chair and Secretary postponed to next meeting.

8. Future Meeting Items

Election of Vice-Chair and Secretary
Statement of Work

9. Closure

Motion to Adjourn: Rowley/Patil/UNAN.

Action Items Summary:
AI-1: Graham Barber: Provide first draft of Steering Committee Operating Procedures.

AI-2: Scott McGrath to explore web site procedural options and propose a methodology for S/C Business.

Calendar Items Summary:

May 24 - Jun 01: China/Japan Business Trip (Mischkinsky),
May 28 - Jun 08: Vacation (Barber).

Next Meeting:

Friday May 25: Cancelled.
Friday Jun 1:  Cancelled.
Friday Jun 8:  9am PT Teleconference.
       Call-in:
               >  +1  888-967-2253
               >  +1  650-607-2253
               >  +44 118 924 9000
               >  meeting id/pw = 190605/654321

Graham J Barber,

Program Director, SOA Partnerships,
     Graham Barber@IBMGB
     Graham_Barber@uk.ibm.com

Phone:
Internal:                                245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Yulia):          247672,                    +44 (0)1962 817672
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005

Unless stated otherwise above: