OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [opencsa-ms] DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 22 Jun 2007

Hi all,


As per my action item, here is the conference call number we will use for Open CSA steering committee meetings going forward.


Graham, please close action item 3.


Regards, David


Conference Information


Participant passcode


Dial-in numbers


North America Toll free




London, UK, Local

+44 (0) 20 7663 2217

UK toll free

0 800 051 6872


Conference Commands


Press *1 to hear a help menu.

Press *0 to reach an operator.

Press *6 to mute or "un-mute" line.

Press *4 to increase conference volume.

Press *7 to decrease conference volume.

Press *5 to increase your voice volume.

Press *8 to decrease your voice volume.



From: Graham Barber [mailto:graham_barber@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 5:12 AM
To: opencsa-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [opencsa-ms] DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 22 Jun 2007


DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 22 June 2007 9:00 AM PDT

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

Attending:                  Graham Barber, David Burke, Mark Little, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
Absent:                     Patrick Leonard.
OASIS Staff:                None.
Identified Observers:       Mariano Cilia (Intel).
Notes:                      Graham Barber

1. Minutes Approval

- 8 Jun 2007 -- Patil/Rowley - approve minutes - Unanimous.
- Jeff Mischkinsky apologized for the confusion regarding the abandoned teleconference on 15 June.
- David Burke volunteered his teleconference number for future meetings, as it does not require the leader to call in.
  Action: #0003: Provide Teleconference information to SC members (David Burke).

2. Election of Steering Committee Secretary and Vice-Chair

- Brief discussion on single or dual role resulted in no strong opinions either way, so we moved to identifying volunteers/nominees for each position.
- Michael Rowley proposed Graham Barber as Secretary. No further nominations. Graham unaimously elected as SC Secretary.
- Self-nominations for the post of Vice-Chair were received from Graham Barber, Mark Little & David Burke.
  A private ballot of the SC members will take place for the position; Ballot to be managed by the Chair.
  Action #0004: Execute private STV vote across the SC members for the position of Vice-Chair (Jeff Mischkinsky).

3. SC Working Practices

- Discussion on Steering Committee usage of its own Steering Committee mailing list against broader Member Section mailing list for Steering Committee business. Concensus quickly agreed that:
  - [opencsa-sc] had the benefits of clarity of audience and less undesired mail for Member Section members,
  - [opencsa-ms] had the benefits of full openess regarding Steering Committee business.
- It was noted that Scott McGrath had removed default member notifications on [opencsa-ms] and that the archives of both mailing lists are available to OASIS members.
- Secretary's note: I will close Action #0002, on this basis.
- We concluded the following policy:
  - The normal default mailing list for Steering Committee business will be the Member Section mailing list: [opencsa-ms].
  - On an exception basis, should a Steering Committee member deem that a posting my be sensitive, confusing, or other valid reason, then the Steering Committee mailing list [opencsa-cs] is available for such matters, and it should be left to the judgement of the originating SC member.
- Above policy: David Burke / Sanjay Patil / Unanimous.

- Concensus on SC Minutes quickly reached:
  - Minutes created by Secretary (or Chair's designee when absent) in normal e-mail format to [opencsa-ms] and text format into Document Repository at <http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-ms/documents.php>.

- Secretary's note: I will update our draft Operating Procedures Document & close Action Item #0001 (which was to provide first draft).

4. Outlook on TC Charters

- Graham Barber reported that he expected all OSOA collaboration work on the 6 SCA charters to be complete by the weekend of 23/24 June, with a view to submission to OASIS as early as Monday 25th June. Jeff Mischkinsky indicated that submission should be staggered to smooth out the review workload. The OSOA SDO workgroup was still working on its charter. Jeff reminded the SC that following OASIS staff review, the charters each have a 30 day review peiod open to all OASIS members.

5. OSGi & SCA Discussion

No time left, so item c/f to next teleconference.

Meeting closed, 10am PDT.
Next meeting: Friday June 29th, 8am PDT; Teleconference info to be provided by David Burke.

Graham J Barber,

Program Director, SOA Partnerships,
     Graham Barber@IBMGB

Internal:                                245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Yulia):          247672,                    +44 (0)1962 817672
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005


Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]