OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: FINAL - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 09 Jul 2007

FINAL - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 09 July 2007 8:00 AM PDT

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

Attending:                  Graham Barber, Patrick Leonard, Mark Little, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
Absent:                     David Burke.
OASIS Staff:                None.
Identified Observers:       Mike Edwards (IBM).
Notes:                      Graham Barber

1. Minutes Approval

- 29 Jun 2007 -- Patil/Little - approve minutes - Unanimous.

2. Progress on TC Charters

- Graham Barber reported that the OASIS Member feedback on the six SCA proposed charters was very low, with just two editing issues raised and a dialogue regarding language-independent versus language-specific specifications with opinions regarding each approach.

- We again discussed the role of the Steering Committee in this process, and decided the following:
- At our next teleconference, we would take a formal SC vote against the current status of the charters in order to feedback our end-of-review period positions to the convenors. The vote would be based upon both the charters and the e-mail traffic on the <oasis-charter-discuss> mailing list.
- Once the convenors had issued final charters (post the OASIS staff / Convenors teleconfs), but before the Call for Participants, the SC would take the final vote regarding affiliation with the Member Section. We noted that a Special Majority Vote (Reference: <http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ms_policy.php> section 4.4) is necessary, requiring five "Yes" votes. An e-mail or web ballot may be established in order to mitigate against possible problems caused by vacations.

3. Statement of Work

- Jeff Mischkinsky requested that we start work on the Statement of Work, discussed by the SC at the last teleconference. We agreed that it should be an agenda item for our next teleconference on July 13th.
*** Action Item #0007: Review the Member Section Work Plan (filed on Documents List) and provide individual feedback ahead of the next teleconference (All SC members).

4. Any Other Business

- Jeff Mischkinsky reported that he will be on vacation in the first 2 weeks of August
- Mark Little reported that he will be on vacation on July 23-27.
- Secretary's note: SC member vacation is noted on our Steering Committee Calendar, for our convenience.

5. Closure

Meeting closed, 08.30am PDT.

Next meeting:

- The next regular teleconference is at 9am PDT on Friday July 13th.

Future Agenda Items
- SC formal interim vote on proposed TC Charters.
- Informal inter-TC coordination body (Open Action Item #0005).
- Potential use of Wiki pages (Open Action Item #0006).
- Statement of Work review (Open Action Item #0007).

Graham J Barber,

Program Director, SOA Partnerships,
Internal:                                245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Yulia):          247672,                    +44 (0)1962 817672
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]