opencsa-ms message

Subject: TC Affiliation Steering Committee votes

Hi,
   Hopefully i got this all done correctly - 6 times!!

   I uploaded the .txt files of the final proposed SCA TC Charters to
the Member Section document repository in their own folder:
       SCA/Assembly, SCA/Policy, SCA/Bindings, SCA/BPEL, SCA/C-C++,
SCA/J

   There shouldn't be a lot of surprises from the previous versions
you've all seen.

The substantive differences since the last versions are due to the
OASIS TC Admin informing us that we couldn't have a topic "in scope"
and then REQUIRE charter clarifications and/or special standing rules
before the TC could start work on a topic. So for SCA/Bindings we
took out the charter clarification requirement for the "additional"
bindings that are listed, and for SCA/J we deleted the OSGI
integration topic pending more investigation. You can expect to see a
separate SCA/OSGI-integration TC proposal in the near future.

   I created 6 official Steering Committee ballots to approve the
affiliation with the Member Section.
   The ballots should have the right links to the charters (fingers
crossed :-).

   This is a Member Section Steering Committee Special Majority Vote
which means that 2/3's of us have to actually vote YES for this to be
approved.

   I set it up so that ballot opens now, and closes just as the
official SC meeting starts on Friday, so that we can take any
additional actions that might be necessary during the regular SC
meeting.

cheers,
   jeff
--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Web Services Standards	+1(650)