OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: FINAL - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 20 Jul 2007

FINAL - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 20 July 2007 9:00 AM PDT

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

Attending:                  Graham Barber, David Burke, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
Apologies:                  Patrick Leonard, Mark Little.
OASIS Staff:                Dee Schur, Mary McRae.
Identified Observers:       Mariano Cilia (Intel).
Notes:                      Graham Barber.

1. Minutes Approval

- 13 Jul 2007 -- Patil/Burke - Approve Minutes - Unanimous.

2. Open Action Item Review

- Informal inter-TC coordination body (
Open Action Item #0005): Discussed (below),
- Statement of Work review (
Open Action Item #0007): Discussed (below),
- Potential use of Wiki pages (Open Action Item #0006):
        Graham will follow up with some thoughts, and a chart prepared by Carol on wiki/drupal page usage.

3. Status of Proposed TC Charters from OSOA  

- Jeff Mischkinsky reported that a successful Conveners Call had occurred and the schedule outlook was discussed as the submitting parties had one outstanding issue to resolve still. As Day 28 for the first charter is imminent (Monday 23rd), quick closure is important. Graham indicated that he would work the outstanding schedule with May McRae on Monday. Jeff will open an e-mail ballot for the Steering Committee with a view of approving the final charters, if available, by Friday July 27th.

- Logistical Requirements for the Plenary Week were discussed. We agreed that a reasonable attendee estimate would be 60-100 for the open education day(s).
**** Action Item #0008: All SC representatives to investigate their company facilities for the availability of rooms (one with capacity of ~100, 3 smaller breakout rooms) for the week of September 17th.

4. Quarterly Report  

Latest draft was reviewed & agreed. The addition of a comment highlighting the SC's open working style was agreed. Jeff will submit the report.

5.Informal Coordinating Committee

- Given the need for good communications between the forthcoming SCA TCs, a model for an informal coordinating committee was discussed. Aspects of the model include:
- Chosen Liaison Representative from each TC,
- One or two Representatives from the SC,
- Weekly or Biweekly teleconferences,
- Communications Focus; no formal decision making powers, no IP contributions,
- Meetings minuted onto Member Section mailing list,
- Chairperson decided by the group.
- Model generally agreed; the SC will need to select a representative.
- Action Item #0005 will now be closed.

6. Work Plan Review

- Continued (real time) review of the document. Graham will apply agreed changes to date & create new revision.

7. Any Other Business

- None.

8. Closure

Meeting closed, 10.05am PDT.

Next meeting:
- The next regular teleconference is at 9am PDT on Friday July 27th.

Future Agenda Items

- SC Formal Vote on SCA TC Affiliation.
- SC Representative(s) on informal inter-TC coordination body.

- Potential use of Wiki pages (
Open Action Item #0006).
- Continue Work Plan review (
Open Action Item #0007).

Graham J Barber,

Program Director, SOA Partnerships,
     Graham Barber@IBMGB
Internal:                                245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Yulia):          247672,                    +44 (0)1962 817672
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]