opencsa-ms message

Subject: Re: [opencsa-sc] Confidential OASIS press release: SCA

Carol

Thank you for sharing the draft press release; some comments from myself:

1) At a late stage in the charter submission process, there was a change of conveners agreed with Mary. Thus please substitute "Bryan Aupperle" with "Pete Robbins" and "Henning Blohm" with "Sanjay Patil". The company names remain unchanged.

2) One of the key attributes of the SCA technoligy is its flexibility, so could you please change line 3 to "SCA defines a flexible model...."

3) An important aspect of SCA which is missing from the SCA-descriptive paragraph (#4) is the ability to declare policies. We suggest a couple of minor additions to address this aspect:
The SCA model encompasses a wide range of technologies for service components, access methods that connect them and policy that provides declarative qualities of service.  For components, this .... For access methods, ...  For policy, this includes a framework for integrating commonly used policy languages and quality of service expressions.

4) These charters are following the Member Section requirement of developing test plans & test cases in order to improve the levels of future conformance of implementations. Given that this is a new, but key move by OASIS TCs, I recommend that we highlight it in the press release in a short paragraph before Jamie's quotation. As a starting point, I suggest:
In order to assist the production of conformant implementations, the Technical Committees will also develop a Test Plan, Test Cases and Scenarios for each specification.

5) In order to be consistent with the short names of each TC, I recommend inserting a hyphen after each occurence of SCA in the first two paragraphs that refer to the TCs (SCA-Assembly, SCA-Policy, SCA-Bindings, SCA-BPEL). In the third of the paragraphs, please rename the "SCA-C" TC to "SCA-C-C++".

Thanks. (I've copied <opencsa-ms> as the Steering Committee have a policy of doing all business on this more open mailing list, rather than <opencsa-sc>.)

Graham J Barber,

Program Director, SOA Partnerships,
     Graham_Barber@uk.ibm.com
     Graham Barber@IBMGB
Phone:
Internal:                                245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Yulia):          247672,                    +44 (0)1962 817672
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005

"Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

01/08/2007 16:57

<opencsa-sc@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[opencsa-sc] Confidential OASIS press release: SCA

Open CSA Steering Committee:
Attached is a draft of the press release we're preparing to announce the SCA
TCs. We're hoping to get an analyst endorsement from Anne Thomas Manes of
Burton.

If you'd like to recommend any edits, please send them to me.

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications