opencsa-ms message

Subject: RE: [opencsa-ms] Three OpenCSA Events this Fall

A general OpenCSA MS webinar is a great idea and of course, is remote for presenters and easy to download for interested parties, see http://www.oasis-open.org/events/webinars/. Webinars are not good for fluid TC work unless you are just doing an intro slide set with audio to encourage more membership, which is also a possibility.

Webinars are always an option; for example the ‘Market Awareness’ topic is good and/or I can pre-record the presentation for the SOAWorld tutorial  (also good for practice) and load on OpenCSA MS pages and our event/webinar pages. We do not have the ability to film live conferences unless we find a location (Like IBM in NY) that is set up for remote broadcasting, and then participants can view through laptops, I think? The live full media feeds are enormous files and virtual conferences are not yet easy.

Does this help?

Dee

From: Mark Little [mailto:mlittle@redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 1:13 PM
To: Patil, Sanjay
Cc: Dee Schur; opencsa-ms@lists.oasis-open.org; mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org

I think webinars as an archive is also a good idea. Not everyone will be able to attend events and having something that people can go to as and when they want, will be a benefit. The only trouble I can see with this is that of outdated information, i.e., as the TCs do their work, we may need the ability to associate a document with each webinar that indicates which slides etc. are no longer correct.

Mark.