OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 24 Aug 2007

DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 24 August 2007 9:00 AM PDT

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

Attending:                  Graham Barber, David Burke, Patrick Leonard, Mark Little, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
Apologies:                  None.
OASIS Staff:                Dee Schur.
Identified Observers:       Mike Edwards, Mario Antollini.
Notes:                      Graham Barber.

1. Minutes Approval

- 17 August 2007:        Resolution to Approve: Passed (Patil/Little)- Unanimous.

2. Open Action Item Review

        - Summary of Open Items Due:
                - Potential use of Wiki pages (Open Action Item #0006)
                        - Agenda Item #7 below.
                - Statement of Work review (Open Action Item #0007)
                        - Agenda Item #6 below.
                - Multi-vendor Road-show Plan (Open Action Item #0010)
                        - Agenda Item #5 below.

        - Summary of Open Items Not Yet Due:
                - Speaking Opportunity: "SOA for eGovernment 2007", 1 – 2 October (Open Action Item #0012)
                        - Mark Little, Due Sep 07.
                - Populate the Volunteer Presentations Database (Open Action Item #0011)
                        - All, Due Sep 14.
                        - Graham specifically requested some non-IBM contributions.
                - Consider the requirement for an informal inter TC coordination group (Open Action Item #0005)
                        - Jeff & Jamie have discussed and agreed the concept, as per Roberts Rules.
                        - The SC can create a subcommittee with non-SC members on it.
                        - Action Item #0005 closed.
                        - *** Action Item #0013 (Mischkinsky): Propose Rules for Inter-TC Coordination Subcommittee.
                - Plan a series of OASIS-sponsored educational webinars for SCA (Open Action Item #0009)
                        - Mark Little, Due Sep 28.

3. Plenary Week Planning

- David Burke will determine TIBCO's willingness to sponsor the lunches (~$5K).

- Back-up plan will be for all delegates to self-fund lunches, although this will entail cafeteria queueing.
- Registration Process is up and running here.
- Dee Schur will track progress and inform SC of any out of line situation.
- All SC requesting to consider outreach advertizing opportunities (company web sites, etc.)
- Mark has created an excellent InfoQ article.
- TC agenda slots agreed in outline; Graham will remove "host names" (Version #1 here).
- Mike Edwards will continue working on Day One Agenda. We will review likely skill levels of delegates on next call.

4. TC Participation Status

- TC Membership take-up now looking much healthier although we remain very short of non-OSOA members.
- OASIS staff are working on broader involvement.
- Outreach again discussed: Could all SC Members encourage colleagues with reputable Blogs to feature the TCs
- Role of Convener discussed, together with need for kick-off teleconference agenda consistency:
        *** Action Item #0014 (Graham): Set up Coordination call with Conveners, SC personnel (Graham, Mark, Jeff), OASIS staff (Mary or Jamie).
        *** Action Item #0015 (Jeff): Prepare Draft Boilerplate Agenda for Conveners call.

5. Road-show Proposal from IBM

- Graham discussed and clarified the plan documented earlier this week.
- We agreed the benefits of OASIS involvement / sponsorship at some point in time.
- Meanwhile IBM will continue working with other interested Members of Open CSA on joint company sponsorship.

6. Work Plan Review

- Final Review took place with no further changes.

- Graham will finalize, date, and create html version (V1).

7. Usage of OASIS Web Sites

- Not covered; carried forward to next meeting.

8. Any Other Business


9. Future SC Agenda Topics?

None offered.

10. Forthcoming Vacation information?

None offered.

11. Confirmation of next Teleconference

The next regular teleconference is at 9am PDT on Friday August 31st.


Meeting closed, 10.05am PDT.

Respectfully Submitted,
Graham Barber,


Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]