opencsa-ms message

Subject: RE: [opencsa-ms] OpenSCA TC file names and URL structure

For Working Drafts, I think we can avoid revision numbers since the seqnum itself can be incremented. In my experience, the rev nums are handy for CDs and above, for example, while producing CD 1, the candidate drafts may go through a few revisions for applying pro-forma changes, applying any bits that were previously missed, etc. We could perhaps use alphabets for identifying revision numbers in order to improve readability e.g. CD 1 Rev A, CD 1 Rev B, ...

-- Sanjay

From: Bryan Aupperle [mailto:aupperle@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, Oct 23, 2007 11:55 AM
To: Martin Chapman
Cc: opencsa-ms@lists.oasis-open.org; Patil, Sanjay

The revnum is for consistency with the OASIS guidelines (http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/metadata03.html#revision)  If we can indicate the revnum as part of the seqnum, then I'm OK with that.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

"Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>

10/23/2007 02:46 PM

Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, <opencsa-ms@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
"'Patil, Sanjay'" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>
Subject
RE: [opencsa-ms] OpenSCA TC file names and URL structure

For specs, why do we need seqnum and revnum, surely we can just increment the seqnum.

Martin.
[opencsa-ms] OpenSCA TC file names and URL structure

Attached is an enhanced proposal, from Sanjay and myself, covering file name construction for files produced by the OpenCSA TCs and the URL structure used for these files in the OASIS document repository.