OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: FINAL - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 26 Oct 2007

FINAL - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 26 October 2007 9:00 AM PDT

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

Attending:                  Graham Barber, David Burke, Patrick Leonard, Mark Little,

                                    Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
Apologies:                  None.
Absent:                     None.
OASIS Staff:                Mary McRae, Jamie Bryce Clark.
Identified Observers:       Bryan Aupperle.
Notes:                      Graham Barber.
Agenda Items added:         None.

1. Minutes Approval

- 19 October 2007: Resolution to Approve: Passed (Mischkinsky/Patil)- Unanimous.

2. Open Action Item Review

- Summary of Open Items Due:
- All Items covered by Agenda Items, so not discussed.

3. Inter TC Liaison Subcommittee

- Discussion centered on
mark-up version from Patrick Gannon & Jeff/Patrick e-mail exchange.  
- Agreed the principle of following Roberts Rules for guidance.

        - This names the body a Subcommittee and requires the Steering Committee to have a seat.
        - Received assurance that scope and powers are unchanged by naming it a Subcommittee.
- Reaffirmed previous decision of limit of scope is the six SCA TCs.
- Reassurance received that Recommendations are not channelled through the Steering Committee.
- Agreed to defer detailed operational procedures to the subcommittee itself.
        - Early example is the definition of a quorum.
- Discussed potential need to offer recommendations to bodies outside the Steering Committee
  and SCA TCs, but agreed to defer that extension until the need arose.
- Graham will further update the Revision Draft (from Patrick) and present a new version
  for Steering Committee approval at the November 2nd teleconference.
  Updates likely to be limited to "six SCA" scope and a fix to some typos.

4. TC Issues raised to Steering Committee

i)  Document URL structure  (
Open Action Item #0022)
   - Steering Committee reviewed
updated proposal from Bryan Aupperle & Sanjay.        
        - Motion to Adopt (Patil/Rowley) - Unanimous.
     - Graham to communicate to TCs.

5 Draft Quarterly Report

- Steering Committee reviewed
initial draft from Jeff.
- Agreed that bullet "Getting the coordination group for discussing cross TC issues up  
 and running." belonged in Section (b) not Section (c).

- Motion to approved, as amended (Rowley/Burke) - Unanimous.

6 SDO Charter Status

- All preliminary work is now complete and OASIS staff have issued the CfP.

- Graham will communicate to OSOA Working Group:

        - OASIS TC sign-up process,
        - Consider further recruitment,
        - Consider need for JIRA to match SCA TCs.
- A Steering Committee Formal Vote on Affiliation will take place on November 2nd.

7 Evangelism Items

- Inadequate time for discussion.

8 OASIS Spring 2008 Symposium

- Inadequate time for discussion.

Any Other Business?

- Mary offered some positive feedback regarding OASIS approval of last week's affirmation

of NameSpace URI Design and Dereferencing. Mary will document in e-mail.

Future SC Agenda Topics?

None offered.

Secretary's Note: Steering Committee representative on Liaison Subcommittee remains outstanding.
Forthcoming Vacation/Absence information?

None offered.

Confirmation of next Teleconference.

The next regular teleconference is at 9am PDT on Friday November 2nd.

Please note that this is one hour earlier than normal for those geographies
who have already adjusted clocks to winter time.


Meeting closed, 10.05am PDT.

Respectfully Submitted,
Graham Barber,

Graham J Barber,

OASIS OpenCSA Steering Committee Secretary & Vice-Chair,
Program Director, SOA Partnerships, IBM Corporation.
Internal:                              245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Carol):          245395,                    +44 (0)1962 815395
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]