opencsa-ms message

Subject: Re: [opencsa-ms] Potential JavaOne abstract

Mark,

Good stuff.

I'm a little surprised at the emphasis on JEE in the title and the text.  Of course SCA has a relationship with JEE and JEE is important for the
products of the contributors on the panel, but I wonder whether the title might be better written as "Open Standards for SOA and Java" to
indicate that it is not just about JEE.  - or even "Open Standard for SOA including Java" to emphasise that Java is just one part and that
technologies like BPEL have a place too....

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Mark Little <mlittle@redhat.com>

07/11/2007 10:49

OpenCSA <opencsa-ms@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[opencsa-ms] Potential JavaOne abstract

My AI from last week was to come up with a proposed abstract for JavaOne that would allow us to continue to evangelize about it, but not repeat what was done at last years JavaOne. Here's my first draft. The aim is to try to give each of the panelists a chance to say something about SCA (maybe each panelist concentrating on one specific technical committee within OpenCSA) whilst at the same time giving scope to show how things have evolved in a year and where they are continuing to evolve. From feedback I've had over the past few months, I think it would be good if we could use this session to say more about the relationships we're forming with other standards activities, such as OSGi, as well as getting end-user presence on the panel.

I need to make it clear that this is NOT a JBI versus SCA debating panel: if someone on the panel wants to call out JBI specifically when making a presentation, then that should be encouraged as long as it is in line with the overall thrust of the panel session.