OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 16 Nov 2007

DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee (StC) Minutes - 09 November 2007 9:00 AM PST

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

Attending:                          Graham Barber, David Burke, Patrick Leonard, Mark Little (partial call),

                                        Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
Apologies:                           None.
Absent:                             None.
OASIS Staff:                        Mary McRae, Dee Schur, Jane Harnad (partial call).
Identified Observers:               Mike Edwards.
Notes:                              Graham Barber.
Agenda Items added:                 None.

1. Minutes Approval

- 02 November 2007:

        - Resolution to Approve: Passed (Patil/Burke)- Unanimous.

2. Open Action Item Review

- Summary of Open Items Due:
- All Items covered by Agenda Items, so not discussed.

3. Evangelism Items

- Volunteer Database: Mark has uploaded updated spreadsheet, with sessions volunteered from:
        - Mike Edwards
        - Michael Rowley
        - Dave Booz
        - Anish Karmarkar
        - Sanjay Patil
        - Henning Blohm
        - Ron Barrack.
  Mark will consider asking TC chairs for completion.

- Webinars: Dee has now advertized on OASIS Home Page and will e-mail Member Section.
  All to consider broadening the base publicity that OASIS will do, including:
        - InfoQ (Mark Little),
        - ServerSide (Mike Edwards),
        - Tuscany (Mike Edwards),
        - OSOA (Graham Barber),
        - Own Company Sites (All).

- JavaOne: Mark has volunteers for Panel Session from vendors and is seeking at least one user.
  Mark will submit Abstract on behalf of multiple companies (see below also), and requests final input from Steering Committee by Wednesday 14th November.

  We agreed the Sanjay Patil/Mike Edwards joint sessions list and committed to write and submit these abstracts by Friday 16th November. See this e-mail for referenced numbers:
        - 1a        Mark Little,
        - 2a        Mike Edwards plus Michael Rowley or Jim Marino,
        - 2b        Michael Rowley,
        - 2c        Mike Edwards,
        - 2d        David Burke,
        - 2e        Ron Barrack plus Patrick Leonard,
        - 2f        Jeff Mischkinsky or ORCL nominee,
        - 3a        Mike Edwards,
        - 3b        Michael Rowley,
        - 3c        David Burke,
        - 3d        Mike Edwards.

        - Two further sessions suggested by Sanjay (d&e) will be submitted by Sanjay.

  All abstract writers are requested to find a second (partner) name.
  All abstract writers are requested to add a footnote indicating that submission is part of a coordinated set of abstracts from the OpenCSA Member Section.

  We will checkpoint next Friday.

4. Inter TC Liaison Subcommittee (LSC)

- SCA-Bindings TC will be represented by Anish Karmarkar & Michael Rowley.

- We confirmed that Observer status was allowable by any TC or StC Member, but OASIS infrastructure should send such requests to Chair(s) and Secretary of the LSC, not the StC Mailing List.
**** New Action Item #0025: Jeff Mischkinsky to confirm with Scott McGrath.
- Motion to change one of the Steering Committee representatives from Michael Rowley to Jeff Mischkinsky:
        (Rowley/Burke) - Unanimous.
- Motion to confirm the appointment of the following Members to the LSC:
                - Assembly:        Chapman/Edwards,
                - Bindings:        Karmarkar/Rowley,
                - BPEL:        Karmarkar/Patil,
                - C/C++:        Aupperle,
                - J:                Blohm/Rowley,
                - Policy:        Booz/Malhotra,
                - StC:        Mischkinsky/Patil.
- It was clarified that Mischkinsky/Patil are interim co-chairs.
- It was noted that Barber/Cobb/Holdsworth have been granted Observer Status.

5. Request for Support for potential SCA Literature

- It was confirmed that OASIS offer no suitable central service. Requester will be advised to contact individual technical leaders.

Any Other Business: OASIS Spring 2008 Symposium

- Jane Harnad joined call and indicated that although Call for Papers did not expire until December 17th, there were several more urgent requests to deal with in the next two weeks:

        1. Identification of Keynote Speaker(s),
        2. Identification of Hotel Breakout Rooms for StC, TCs, or other usage.
        3. Request for formal endorsement of event by OpenCSA Member Section.
  Jane will e-mail the <opencsa-ms> mailing list as a reminder. Responses to Jane and/or <opencsa-ms> please.
  **** New Action Item #0026 opened to track.

Any Other Business?

None further offered.

Future SC Agenda Topics?

None offered.

Forthcoming Vacation/Absence information?

Jeff Mischkinsky & Michael Rowley will be travelling on November 16th & unable to attend.

November 23rd is Thanksgiving Holiday in the USA.

Confirmation of next Teleconference.

The next regular teleconference is at 9am PDT on Friday November 16th.


Meeting closed, 10.10am PST.

Respectfully Submitted,
Graham Barber,

Graham J Barber,

OASIS OpenCSA Steering Committee Secretary & Vice-Chair,
Program Director, SOA Partnerships, IBM Corporation.
Internal:                              245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Carol):          245395,                    +44 (0)1962 815395
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]