opencsa-ms message

Subject: RE: RE: RE: [opencsa-ms] SCA/SDO book project

My timeline is flexible, but I think it's a good time to start - based on presentations that I've made there are real SCA projects starting. I don't have a lot of free time (like everyone) but now is as good later.

I'm open to different publication/distribution options.  Not trying to get rich on this, just to get the info out.  But I Rogue Wave may also be able to help with working with a publisher - sometimes having a corporate sponsor can help.  Other means like CC, blog/rss/wiki, e-book are worth considering as well.  We could also do a serial publication (like Stephen King's "The Green Mile" http://www.amazon.com/Green-Mile-Stephen-King/dp/0671041789)

I haven't heard of duplex book.  I read the link below but I have to confess that I didn't quite get it.  What does it do and what are the benefits?

Mike Edwards expressed interest when he and I talked last year but I don't know if he did any writing or if he has availability now.  I'm copying Mike here.

Best,

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Röttgers [mailto:carsten.roettgers@gmx.net]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 4:19 PM
To: Patrick Leonard
Cc: daniel.pieper@t-online.de; carol.geyer@oasis-open.org; opencsa-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: AW: RE: RE: [opencsa-ms] SCA/SDO book project

Patrick,

your toc matches our considerations quite well. We will give you feedback and a proposal on our part by end of week.

But before we have further questions:
* What is your timeline?
* Would it be an option for you to make the book available for free if you will not find a publisher? We discussed this point and would start writing irrespectively of having a publisher (but we are quite confident to find one). If necessary we would opt to publish under creative commons (or sort of).
* Daniel came up with the idea of a duplex book (http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/DuplexBook.html). Any opinion?
* You mentioned Mike Edwards has also done some writing. Do you have any idea if he is still willing to go on?

Cheers,
Carsten