opencsa-ms message

Subject: RE: RE: RE: [opencsa-ms] SCA/SDO book project

Having a committed Editorial Board (members of one or more TCs) is really key.
EdBoards spend a few hours a week over 1-2 months seeding the site with content
and then hold monthly conference calls to ensure the site stays on track. A few
members agree to blog on a regular basis and others monitor the Forums to keep
online discussion moving.

(One TC plans to appoint a single member to act as Editor. Naturally, there are
pros and cons to this approach.)

Content for the Wiki Knowledgebase is usually adapted from information that
already exists. It's just a matter of chunking it into compelling wiki pages.

Anyone can register and contribute to the site.

Content for the News, Events, Products, Services, and Resources sections comes
mostly from vendors. These sections offer a great way to demonstrate
vendor-support for a standard. Robin Cover helps me with adding links to
articles in the press.

We link to the sites from the appropriate OASIS TC and Member Section pages,
and we promote their use at relevant conferences. We encourage people to link
to XML.org from their own sites as well.

Obviously, search engines drive a lot of traffic. (If you google DITA, the
XML.org site comes up first (after an LA shop for sunglasses)).

--carol