opencsa-ms message

Subject: RE: SCA Press Showcase at OASIS event in Santa Clara

Thanks to all of you who expressed support for this opportunity to promote SCA
to the press at the Open Standards 2008 symposium.

The final format will be decided by the participants, but here's what we have
in mind at this point.

On Tuesday, while the symposium delegates are having lunch in a separate room,
we'll give the press exclusive access to the exhibit room. Our formal
presentation will be short to allow ample time for press to talk with
exhibitors individually. Basically, we'll present:

-brief overview of the state of SCA work at OASIS
-quick updates from OASIS SCA TC chairs present
-introduce exhibitors and give each two minutes to describe their company's SCA
support
-general Q&A
-time for press to circulate and talk with exhibitors one-on-one

If you're interested in participating in this SCA press briefing, and you
haven't already contacted me, please do by the end of the week.

Thanks,
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:22 PM
To: 'opencsa-ms@lists.oasis-open.org'

OASIS members:

OASIS is planning to host a press briefing to showcase SCA exhibitors at Open
Standards 2008: Composability within SOA [1]. The briefing is tentatively
scheduled for Tuesday, 29 April, at noon, in the symposium exhibit room at the
Santa Clara Marriott. Editors will be introduced to all the exhibitors and
given ample time to conduct personal interviews.

We encourage all Open CSA members to take advantage of this opportunity to be
recognized for your support of SCA, whether or not you choose to demo products.
There are a limited number of table-top spaces still available at a cost of
$6,000. [2]

If your company is already a confirmed exhibitor (BEA, IBM, Rogue Wave,
Primeton, SAP, Software AG, and Sun), please send me contact information for
your PR representative, so I can coordinate our outreach.

For more information about the press briefing, please contact me. To reserve
exhibit space, contact jane.harnad@oasis-open.org.

[1] http://events.oasis-open.org/home/symposium/2008
[2]
http://events.oasis-open.org/home/sites/events.oasis-open.org.home/files/Sponso