opencsa-ms message

Subject: Re: [opencsa-ms] Proposed - OpenCSA Steering Committee (StC) Proposed Agenda - 12 June 200

On Jun 12, 2008, at 8:13 PM, Mike Kaiser wrote:

> Proposed - OpenCSA Steering Committee (StC) Proposed Agenda - 12
> June 2008 9:00 AM PST
>

> 0. Agenda bashing and Roll
>

> 1. Minutes Approval
>
>         - 05 May 2008:
>         http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-ms/download.php/28244/Open_CSA_SC_20080509a_Draft.txt
>

> 2. Open Action Item Review and Discussion
>

>         #0028 Draft Q4 Member Section Report for SC Review - Jeff
> Mischinsky - Due: 2008-01-11
>                 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-ms/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=2072
>
>         OpenCSA Steering Committee was holding on this until Process
> Committee completes its discussion
>         thread regarding suggestion that Quarterly Reports should
> not be necessary for Member Sections which
>         have no OASIS funding.
>
>         Any updates regarding this?

There is general agreement/consensus within the Process committee in
favor of the suggestion. I also brought it up during an OASIS Board of
Directors meeting, as part of a Process Committee update/report to the
Baord. There was general (informal) agreement there too. In addition
staff (Dee/Scott) are in favor. I think it is safe to say that the
suggestion will be adopted. Actually making the change is not the
highest priority right now for the Process Committee and there are
other improvements/changes to the MS Policy that are under
consideration, which will probably be batched up.

cheers,
   jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Web Services Standards