opencsa-ms message

Subject: Revision 1.1 - Re: Proposed - OpenCSA Steering Committee (StC) Proposed Agenda - 15 January 2010= DRAFT

hi,
   I've re-ordered some of the items and added some suggestions/
additional info. version 1.1

   Please do look at the operational document (item 3) before the
meeting and be prepared with any comments or suggested changes. Better
yet, if you the time, send them to the list - please do provide a
subject line that is NOT agenda review. ;-)

PROPOSED AGENDA - OpenCSA Steering Committee (StC) Proposed Agenda -
15 January 2010 9:00 AM PST

Call-In Information:

         Participant passcode: 4298581315

         North America toll free  1-800-615-0833
         Toll/International  +1.281.319.9837)
         UK toll free Dial-in # 0 808 238 0652

         *6 mute/un-mute, *0 operator, *1 help

CHAT ROOM:  http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/sca-StC

Our thanks to David Burke and TIBCO for hosting the teleconference
number.

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

0.1 Secretarial Role Selection (rotating):
           This includes:
                 Creation/posting of the agenda
                 Creation/posting of meeting minutes
                 Coordination of meeting. (reminders, scheduling,
balloting support) etc...
                 Tracking collecting/tracking SCA TC status.
                 Action item tracking...

[jm]  In an attempt to make this more palatable and also because I
don't think some of the above can be rotated I'd like to suggest the
following:
              rotate the creation/posting of meeting minutes (rotate)
              Chair - meeting coordination (mostly its agenda mgmt)
(jeff)
              Co-chair LSC - tracking/collecting SCA TC status (sanjay)
              A/I tracking - pick a victim (any volunteers?)

1. Minutes Approval
         - 11 November 2009:
         http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-ms/download.php/35557/Open_CSA_SC_20091113_Draft.txt

2. Open Action Item Review and Discussion

         AI20081212-001 - Coordinate an effort with Assembly TC to
produce an
                 SCA primer as the specs approach standardization (in
review).

                 STATUS: On Hold until we get closer to standardization.
                         Keep on hold.

                         We may now be close enought to start talking
about this.
                         ADD TO AGENDA for January meeting.

         AI20090911-001-
           - Sanjay to provide an initial skeleton draft for a statement
              describing what a non-SCA OASIS solution would need to
achieve.
              This portion has been done and is currently in
discussion within
              the SCA-Assembly TC.
           - Bob will need to insert IPR terms and review
              This still needs to be done.

                 STATUS: Leave open for the time being.
[jm]   Assembly closed the issue, so i think we can mark it as closed.
(on agenda below)

        AI20091113-001 - Agenda discussion of AI20081212-001- SCA Primer
                         at the December 11th Steering Committee
Meeting.
                 STATUS: DONE See below.

         AI20091113-002 - Agenda review of Operational Procedures
document.
                         Steering committee members need to review the
                         current one and document any proposed changes.
                 STATUS: See agenda below.

         AI20091113-003 - Agenda discussion about TMF request.
                 STATUS: DONE. See below.

         AI20091113-004 - Need to update OASIS calendar with 2010
meetings.
                 STATUS: Call-In Information being collected for
remaining
                         2010 meetings.
[jm]  Ask David if he wants the call in on the calendar, or just in
agenda emails

3. Operational Procedures document.
         We must review and approve every 6 months. The latest review is
         now long overdue.

         http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/opencsa-ms/download.php/29089/Open_CSA_SC_Operational_Procedures_V1.1%20%20Final.doc

4. Overall TC Milestones Status as discussed by LSC:

         The following represents the current state of each TC relative
         to Public Reviews

         * = PR 04/24 - 06/23
         & = PR 06/08 - 08/07
            ? = PR 08/08 - 10/07
          - = Schedule not available at this time. (lower priority)

         SCA-Assembly TC Specifications (V1.1)
                 * SCA Assembly Model Specification

         SCA-Policy TC Specifications (V1.1)
                 * SCA Policy Framework

         SCA-BPEL TC Specifications (V1.1)
                 * SCA WS-BPEL Client and Implementation Specification

         SCA-C/C++ TC Specifications (V1.1)
                 * SCA Client and Implementation Model Specification
for C
                 * SCA Client and Implementation Model Specification
for C++

         SCA-J TC Specifications (V1.1)
                 & SCA Java Common Annotations and APIs Specification
                 & SCA Java Component Implementation Specification
                 - SCA EJB Session Bean Binding Specification
                 - SCA Spring Component Implementation Specification
                  - SCA JEE Integration Specification

         SCA-Bindings TC Specifications (V1.1)
                 ? SCA Web Services Binding Specification
                 ? SCA JMS Binding Specification
                 ? SCA JCA Binding Specification
                 - SCA HTTP Binding Specification

         SDO TC Specifications (V3.0)
                 - Service Data Objects Specification
                 - Service Data Objects for Java

         Where are we on the Test Suite progress for each?
                 (i.e. Test Cases, Test Assertions) For each
                   - When is TC final review scheduled?
                   - When is vote for PR scheduled?
                   - When is Submission to TC Admin for PR scheduled?
                   - When is PR targeted?

         Public Review dates for Test Suites (Assertions/Test Cases)
             08/18 - 10/17 SCA-Assembly
             ??/?? - ??/?? SCA-Policy
             ??/?? - ??/?? SCA-Bindings
             ??/?? - ??/?? SCA-BPEL
             ??/?? - ??/?? SCA-C/C++
             ??/?? - ??/?? SCA-J
             ??/?? - ??/?? SDO

         Where do we stand on the Spring Binding spec?

         Did EJB binding spec get update of RDL files from Assembly
            team?

         What is prognosis for Spring Binding spec, are all the issues
            now resolved?

         SCA-Assembly Test Suite Public review is now complete. Waiting
            on final resolution to remaining spec issues for test
            suite action. What is next milestone target for spec?

         Java CAA test suites: Last month, Public Review seemed to be
            imminent.  Haven't seen the Public Review issued yet. What's
            the hold up?

5. Response to Microsoft and Siemens SCA-Assembly Public Review
comments.
         Microsoft and Siemens (and other internal SCA members) have
         raised the question around which of the two following paths
         should be taken for claiming SCA Compliance (i.e. A or B).

         A) SCA Compliant extensions must be compliant with all of the
            following:
                 a) SCA Assembly,
                 b) SCA Policy,
                 c) SCA Binding, and
                 d) at least one of the SCA Implementation Types
                     (currently Java, BPEL, C or C++ )

         B) SCA Compliant extensions must be compliant with all of the
            following:
                 a) SCA Assembly,
                 b) SCA Policy and
                 c) SCA Binding

         At F2F meeting last week (week of Nov 30) SCA-Assembly TC
closed
         Microsoft and Siemens issue with no action.

         There is a good amount of discussion in the assembly mailing
list
         around this topic.  Steering Committee needs to keep a pulse on
         this.  Any further discussion?

[jm]   The Assembly TC, after lots of discussion/debate, decided to
close with no action, and make no changes wrt SCA 1.1. My sense is
that it is likely this topic will re-surface in the 1.2 time frame.

6. Compliant implementation plans
         Tuscany updates?
         Do we have an update on Fabric3 status?

7. Discussion of SCA Primer.
         Is it time yet to begin working on an SCA Primer?

8. We recently received a TMF request. What, if anything, do we want to
    do about this?  (See Action Item AI20091113)

9. Any Other Business?
        - We will be using a new call-in number again for the February
          Steering Committee meeting.
        - Calendaring for future 2010 meetings will be created.

10. Future SC Agenda Topics?

11. Next Meeting
            - The next regular teleconference will be held on February
12, 2010

         (OpenCSA Steering Committee calls are scheduled for the
second Friday
                 of each month.)

12. Adjourn

--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware 				+1(650)506-1975