opencsa-ms message

Subject: Information Request from the TM Forum regarding Service Delivery CandidateSolutions

Ken,

Please forgive our rather tardy response to this request.  As the Vice-Chair to the OASIS OpenCSA Member Section, I would like to formally respond to your request.  We have discussed this several times in the OpenCSA Steering Committee meeting since this request was received,  but the resolution always ends up as follows:
  1. At this point, none of the specifications being worked on by any of the SCA Technical Committee's have reached the OASIS Standard milestone yet.  This means that there is nothing to submit to the TM Forum at this point.   Many of the specifications are in their second OASIS public review cycle with the expectation of proceeding to the next major milestone of putting the specification up to OASIS Member ballot for Standardization sometime later this year.

    NOTE: All of the work (meeting minutes, public review drafts, etc...) that each of the SCA Technical Committees under the OpenCSA Member Section umbrella can be publically viewed so that you may track the progress or provide feedback for any specification in public review state.
  2. We encourage any members of the TM Forum to join OASIS (if they are not already members) and to join one or more of the SCA Technical Committees to contribute to the specifications.

Thanks,
Mike
IBM Emerging Internet Software Standards
Phone: 919-254-7605

From: "Dee Schur" <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>
To: <opencsa-ms@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:44:45 -0500

FYI.

Cheers,

Dee

Dee Schur, Member Support
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society http://www.oasis-open.org
+1.978.667.5115 x211

From: Kenneth Dilbeck [mailto:kdilbeck@tmforum.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:30 PM
To: dee.schur@oasis-open.org

Greetings:

This is an information request from the TM Forum Service Delivery Framework(SDF) Team. To fast track the SDF specification development, the SDF team is calling for submission of currently existing standards, technologies and/or product implementations that may support the design patterns that are specified within  the SDF Reference Architecture. We are looking for existing solutions and specifications that match elements from the SDF Reference Architecture, such as, for example, the specification of “service management” metadata,  the management of metadata, service registry/catalog capabilities, management support systems, infrastructure support systems and management interfaces that are suitable in a highly distributed environment where service components and the management of those services may be residing in different Service Providers’ environments.

Find attached the invitation letter explaining in more detail what is being looked for and how to contribute.

We feel this might be directly applicable the Oasis SCA work.

Please feel free to contact me with any need for clarification, questions or additional information required.

Regards,

Ken Dilbeck
+1 817 715 8033

Attachment removed as part of response.  See original note for attachment.