Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Sub Committee's and licensing

Hi Adam,

OK.  I understand now.  Does a subcommittee inherit the IPR process from the parent TC, or does it need to choose a non-legacy IPR immediately.? Honestly, we haven't discussed this in a TC call, and I don't see this called out explicitly in the posted OASIS policies.  My gut feeling is the question is moot because subcommittees cannot approve or promulgate specifications on their own, so there is nothing in fixed form for member corporations to grant IP rights for.  My understanding is the IPR applies to issued specifications, not to drafts.   Perhaps someone who knows more can clarify this?.

In any case, I'll make sure this is brought up on theTC call before we create any subcommittees.

Thanks,

-Rob