Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Microsoft Puts Up Misstatements About ODF

Adam Moore scripsit:

> Was that a concious decision or was it because there was no available
> information on how to make it backward compatible and microsoft wasn't
> participating to help?

I can't speak to that, but note that "backward compatibility" has a
very limited sense: it refers to backward *semantic* compatibility
with the most recent of Microsoft's many binary formats.  In other
words, whatever can be expressed in that format can be expressed
in Office XML as well.  This is not backward compatibility as
ordinarily understood.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on