Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Microsoft Puts Up Misstatements About ODF

One of the things I find interesting about the misinformation[1] is the
avoidance of the term "OpenDocument" MS is refering to it as "the file
format for the Open Office product"

To me that suggests that we need to step up efforts to ensure that
journalists refer to it as OpenDocument and not "OpenDoc" or "Open-Doc" or
other incorrect names.

Andy Updegrove does an interesting analysis of the MS page:
 	http://consortiuminfo.org/newsblog/blog.php?ID=1818

He does strongly suggest that the text confirms a tight focus on producing
a standard that is locked into Microsoft Office.

-Lars
[1] at http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/developers/ecmafaq.mspx

Lars Nooden (lars@umich.edu)
 	On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog ...
 	... until you start barking.