Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Is it possible to use foreign elements and attributes in OpenOffice 2.0?

Chang Yan Chi scripsit:

> In fact, I add my namespace into the content.xml manually, and open with
> OpenOffice 2.0 writer, sure, it can be opened, but after I save it again,
> my namespace is lost. So my question is if it is possible to use foreign
> elements and attributes in OpenOffice 2.0. If the answer is yes, how do I
> do? If the answer is no, is there any approach can let me add my namespace
> into odt file by OpenOffice 2.0? Thanks in advance!

It's appropriate for programs that process ODT to discard attributes and
elements they don't understand when reading in the document.  In addition,
if you make any changes to the document, since Writer doesn't understand
the semantics of the foreign material, it doesn't know where to put it
or whether to keep it at all.

Word XML supposedly provides support for foreign elements, but I don't
know any details.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
Rather than making ill-conceived suggestions for improvement based on