Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Vim and gedit

Unzip the file first.

OpenDocument files are zipped to make the file size smaller. That's why
OpenDocument files are smaller than equivalent MS Office files.

When you unzip the file you'll see several XML files. The one you are
interested in is "content.xml". The others contain styles (e.g. fonts,
colour information), settings, etc.

Cheers,
Daniel.