Subject: ODF & ITS

I just left the Open Source Conference in Tokyo and I had the time to
talk for a few minutes with Felix Sasaki of W3C who told be that they
are planning to release a final draft (?) of ITS in May and thus they
were looking for people who'd comment on the proposal.

Although I don't have any specific idea of how ITS could be
implemented in ODF I just tried a few things in the Shinkansen back
home, and even though that my look like obvious to a number of you,
it was not for me until 5 minutes ago :)

My understanding is: if/when ITS is implemented in ODF, it will take
the form of special attributes inside the xml tags that define text
parts. What I've done today is a "prototype" (hum hum...) of what I
imagine ITS would look line in ODF. Basically I created 4 styles. Two
for block info, two for inline info, each pair having a "translate"
and "donttranslate" version. So practicaly, I have the following
dummy styled code in content.xml:

<text:p text:style-name="its_translate_block">Wewew</text:p>

<text:p text:style-name="its_donttranslate_block">wewew</text:p>

<text:p text:style-name="its_translate_block">w
	<text:span text:style-name="its_donttranslate_inline">ew</text:span>
	ew</text:p>

<text:p text:style-name="its_donttranslate_block">w
	<text:span text:style-name="its_translate_inline">ew</text:span>
	ew</text:p>

I have 2 questions here:

1) is this what ODF developers considers a possible implementation ?
2) if not what is the current state of affairs ?

Jean-Christophe